Bottling in 40s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodfatherX

Reaction score
Since people reuse Pete beer bottles, I was wondering if it was possible to bottle and carb in 40oz bottles??

You can but that means you have to drink or get rid of the beer in the 40. Bottling in growlers or 40s is the same as 22 or 12 oz glass. 3/4 cup corn sugar in a pint of hot water. I've had nothing but success and you should have the same ^^

You can but that means you have to drink or get rid of the beer in the 40. Bottling in growlers or 40s is the same as 22 or 12 oz glass. 3/4 cup corn sugar in a pint of hot water. I've had nothing but success and you should have the same ^^

awesome thx.......ugh I guess that means I'll have to get plastered off miller light for a few nights in a row to get the bottles. Oh well I guess I can. I just want about 6 of them. Reason being is they would take up less space in my fridge.

cutting down on fridge space is nice but being able to fill fewer bottles is priceless. I'd throw a party with BMC friends (I know we all have them) and then clean up the bottles. I've taken to bottling two 1/2 gallon growlers with each batch and it makes the process go much quicker. They're also better for parties, bring a growler or 40 and it's perfect for pitchers.

Back