What beer to pair with Lasagna?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewWench

Reaction score
Help! I used up all my red wine in the tomato sauce, but there has to be a good beer to go with it. I have Kolsch, brown ale, Vienna lager, and a German wheat. Any ideas? I bet it's hard to match with tomato sauce.

You can't compete with the tomato sauce...You can't match it, and you dang sure don't want to clash with it. The benefit to pairing with the Kolch is the alcohol soluble flavor that is in the sauce. When you pair with a neutral sort of drink, you get the benefit of not competing with the subtle flavors, and you will enjoy your tomato based meals like never before.

It's for this reason that I NEVER pair Italian food with any wine except a light crisp white wine. I don't care to improve the wine with food, I'm looking to make the food as good as possible.

I really can't help you out there, but for some strange reason (read: I'm retarded) I love a bold IPA with Italian food...unless SWMBO orders/gets out us some bitchin dry wine

Back