Music and Beer Pairings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffersonJ

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm a music nerd and a beer nerd, what else would I make a thread about?

I'm a bachelor this weekend and find myself on the couch drinking a Green Flash Double Stout with Miles Davis' Bitches Brew blaring. Perfect pairing. I know Dogfish Head came out with a beer to accompany this album. I haven't tasted it, but I can't imagine it being more perfect than this Green Flash Double Stout.

So that begs the question, what music/beer pairing can you recommend?

I usually find my self listening to one of the 36 Grateful Dead's Dick's Picks albums while brewing.....Good long shows that usually end up being about the length of a brew day.

On that note, I ended up listening to the new Liars album WIXIW multiple times while brewing a Black IPA a few weeks ago and the combination was very enjoyable. We'll see if the combination of that album with the actual brew will be enjoyable!

"Maggot Brain" by Funkadelic goes with any beer so long as you are alone (or the last one standing) and had at least 10 beers. Or if you brew anything while adding Artemisia absinthium.

Doggone good jam no matter what you are doing, for that matter...

Stone's Russian imperial stout and led zeppelin's Kashmir ...both slowly build up and then kick your a$$

Just saw Iron Maiden in Philly on Friday, so that's what's fresh in my mind. Next brew day I'll be rockin' some 7th Son!:rockin:

I find that while brewing, I listen to my Radiohead catalog. But drinking said beer, High On Fire...or most metal for that matter. \m/ \m/

Revival?
Troll Gnel El, og Korpiklaani are some great drinking bands.
Troll Gnet El is Russisk, which takes reading, but some songs are about brewing.

Whensomeone comes over and is having a homebrew for the first time, I like playing-Ride of the Valkyries or Bohemian Rhapsody for them.

Arrogant Bastard-Red Hot Chili Peppers' "Sir Psycho Sexy" ---It just works

GREAT thread!

I like to brew and drink to:

The Decemberists (The King Is Dead), Midlake, Minus The Bear, Zac Brown Band, Brad Paisley... it's all good

Tool goes awesome with a big, complex Belgian ale. DJ Shadow is another favorite if I'm savoring a few beers by myself.

"Maggot Brain" by Funkadelic goes with any beer so long as you are alone (or the last one standing) and had at least 10 beers. Or if you brew anything while adding Artemisia absinthium.

Doggone good jam no matter what you are doing, for that matter...

:mug:

Sent from my iThingy using a series of tubes.

Back