Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1000ml blackberry purée, 1500ml fresh pressed cider apples, 500ml fresh pressed Asian pears, 13 pounds raw blackberry honey + 5 gallons H2O bubbling nicely away. Will let you know how it turns out.

IMG_3161.jpg

Lemon Basil. This one took me a year to figure out. I kept it in a carboy in the downstairs fridge waiting for it to clear. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that it started to drop out so I hit it with some Sparkoloid and it cleared completely in a day. Time is my friend, it fixes even my worse screw ups. It's semi dry and nicely balanced.

20170115_154143-1.jpg

Just held my first official tasting! Finger foods, fancy wine glasses and @ 12 people came over.
This is what I served:
Vanilla/Rosemary, Traditional, Orange Cranberry, Pumpkin Spice, Pineapple Ginger, Prickly Pear and Coffee meads. My friends came up with the flyers and the hor d'overes all on their own, so hats off to them for helping me make this tasting a success.

IMG_2586.JPG

is that the big mouth little brewer, by northern brewer? do you like/recommend it?
Yes it is. I do like them. They are about a gallon and a 1/2, so there is lots of room for bubbling and mixing, or if your honey doesn't want to stop pouring and you need to add some water to fix the S.G. It also allows for a slightly bigger starting batch so you can rack a full gallon. Degassing/ aeroating with a whisk is a joy. Also easy to clean

Downsides - the ridges in the glass keep the long stick on thermometers for staying stuck, but I hear the round ones stick good. They really aren't deep enough to float a hydrometer in, so you have to theif to get reading and "wastes" product.

My mixed berry cyser bottled

That looks fantastic. I just started with mead/cyzer/mel. I di one gal. batches. Last year started three and one failed. This year I started three and two are clearing nicely. May do one more with blueberries.

Thanks. Its the first time that I didn't use fining agents, so it really tested my patience. But, it was worth it. I couldn't be any more proud.

My Wildflower Traditional Mead and the second pic is my Meyer Lemon Mead / Melomel I love how this one turned out

wfmead.jpg

meyermead.jpg

Last edited:
Back