What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ruthless Rye. I don't want my Simcoe Pale keg to kick this week or I'll start drinking the bottles I'm supposed to be taking to the Black Hills in a few weeks.

Stone Ruination 10th Anniversary...one of my favorite beers at the moment.

RuinTen.jpg

should i really be feeling it after one gandhi? maybe this is why ive heard so much about it. time for dinner and more beer!

haha good point, you still drinking the myrcencary's or did you kill those already?

I have 2 bottles stashed away for my next brewday on the 4th. That's some good stuff right there, man...thanks alot for the hookup. I told two of my brew buddies who haven't had it yet that they better show up early on the 4th because I've been staring at those 2 bottles for way too long, now. How'd you like the Alesmith and Firestone?

In honor of Finsfan, I'm gonna go crack open my last Velvet Rooster right now.

image-2763769245.jpg

Local Belgian style Dark Strong ale aged in red wine barrels. Must have picked up some bugs in the barrel. Hint of sour and a bit of a gusher.

I have 2 bottles stashed away for my next brewday on the 4th. That's some good stuff right there, man...thanks alot for the hookup. I told two of my brew buddies who haven't had it yet that they better show up early on the 4th because I've been staring at those 2 bottles for way too long, now. How'd you like the Alesmith and Firestone?

In honor of Finsfan, I'm gonna go crack open my last Velvet Rooster right now.

i had not had the myrcenary before you asked for it so thanks i love that stuff, got some more today actually. Both the double jack and alesmith were amazing, i think the alesmith is in my top 5 of all time it was crazy good! we may need to set up another small trade in a month or so when you want some more odells

i had not had the myrcenary before you asked for it so thanks i love that stuff, got some more today actually. Both the double jack and alesmith were amazing, i think the alesmith is in my top 5 of all time it was crazy good! we may need to set up another small trade in a month or so when you want some more odells

For sure...very soon, actually, Alesmith's Yulesmith Summer DIPA will be coming around this area. I can toss some of that, too, so you can see what you think. Alesmith IPA is a great go-to IPA that is available year round...really like that stuff.

For sure...very soon, actually, Alesmith's Yulesmith Summer DIPA will be coming around this area. I can toss some of that, too, so you can see what you think. Alesmith IPA is a great go-to IPA that is available year round...really like that stuff.

that sounds very good! i wish i had that caliber of beer around all the time, the aroma was so intense and it was very smooth yet bitter enough

Dave1096 said:
How is this...I've contemplated grabbing one more than a couple times.

It's very good. Not getting any noticeable wine barrel character, more like a slightly sour quad.

Have you had any of their other Menagerie series, or Migration series?

It's very good. Not getting any noticeable wine barrel character, more like a slightly sour quad.

Have you had any of their other Menagerie series, or Migration series?

No, Lot 6 is all I've had from Evolution, but Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting had Menagerie on draft this week, and I contemplated grabbing a growler or bottle. Are you in the Philly area?

Dave1096 said:
No, Lot 6 is all I've had from Evolution, but Whole Foods in Plymouth Meeting had Menagerie on draft this week, and I contemplated grabbing a growler or bottle. Are you in the Philly area?

No. More like Baltimore area, even though I live in PA. View out my front door is of the MD countryside. :D. I'm familiar with that Whole Foods though. I have family in Collegeville.

Love Lot 6.

its nothing as incredible as you guys have on the east coast

You gotta find yourself a trader on the West Coast, specifically San Diego...that's where it's at. I'm going back to visit in August...forget Alesmith, I'll send you some Alpine beers. Trust me...you want them.

You gotta find yourself a trader on the West Coast, specifically San Diego...that's where it's at. I'm going back to visit in August...forget Alesmith, I'll send you some Alpine beers. Trust me...you want them.

i believe you haha remember me when you are there and we can put together a trade then too, i am going to New mexico the last week of july, anything youd like from that region? not quite sure what they have there

LoloMT7 said:
This is good... whole ton of yeast in the bottle! I bet 1/4 inch.. could buy a 6er for brew day and skip doing a starter!!

Cheers sir! Side note, Cajun Chicken fritters are made up and just need to be cooked for dinner! I think they'll be quite spicy so they should do well with an IPA :D

image-1154061872.jpg

Home brew Sculpin. Tallgrass is officially being chilled!!!! Oh YEAH.

image.jpg

Back