Motorcycles & Real Estate...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricK The Red

Reaction score
If you went to a weekend open house and saw that the Realtor was there on a sport bike (SV), would you take the Realtor seriously? Does anyone take Realtors seriously...?

I sell Real Estate in upstate NY, and the weather is just too damn nice to be rollin' in my cage. My Broker rolls his eyes when I show up on the bike. Like I'm supposed to wear a suit and drive a luxury car to project a successful image.

I think I'll do this weekends open houses on my bike! F@#*K IT!

Well.... I'd probably take you seriously. But then, on a day as nice as this, I'd be there on my SV, too. :)

Oddly enough, we're about to meet up with our real estate agent to see some more houses today.

If I were selling a house, I don't think I'd care what you drove as long as you were professional and got the job done. And the buyers won't see you, since you'll be showing up before them anyway, right?

As for taking realtors seriously, it's interesting to see the different styles of realtors out there. Some give you a complete guided tour, some leave you alone as you walk through the house, and the annoying ones follow you and try to make conversation while you're trying to take it all in. :)

DaveyBoy said:
Oddly enough, we're about to meet up with our real estate agent to see some more houses today.

If I were selling a house, I don't think I'd care what you drove as long as you were professional and got the job done. And the buyers won't see you, since you'll be showing up before them anyway, right?

As for taking realtors seriously, it's interesting to see the different styles of realtors out there. Some give you a complete guided tour, some leave you alone as you walk through the house, and the annoying ones follow you and try to make conversation while you're trying to take it all in. :)

I leave people alone and ask questions after they've seen the place in peace. But I think I'm in the minority...

Around here they all show up in luxury and sports cars. Do I want to buy a house from a guy driving a 911? Not really, I think flaunting your wealth is a BAD selling technique. I really would rather no know what he drives.. or anythgn else about him. I want to know about the HOUSE! LOL

:( My house has been on the market for a year. I wouldn't care if my agent would show up in drag......just show up sometime.

Back