NHC 2014- Grand Rapids Who's going?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In retrospect, I wish I would have done that instead of the Brewing Network shindig.

You're not the first one that's said this. There's always next year!

As far as the HBT meetup goes, we don't really need a booth, just a big sign or banner someone can mount above a table for all to see with the HBT logo on it they can recognize. People can then just go hang out near that table and mingle. Wouldn't take much coordination. Then maybe the sign can be relocated to wherever the next event is throughout the conference.

In retrospect, I wish I would have done that instead of the Brewing Network shindig.

I wish you would have done it too! We had an awesome time.

I have done the BN thing a couple of times, and I'm too old and crabby to hang out in huge groups, although the outside thing this year would have been ok. The last few times I went, it was WAY too crowded, WAY too noisy, and I ended up staying for just a short time. I did get to knock down John Maier for a hat, though. He's just about the only person who is much smaller than I am, and I can kick his butt. :D Last year, I hung out with John and Justin's dad (forget his name now), with the 'old people'.

Bob really enjoyed the Soper Tour, as he knew a few folks, and had time to chat with several people in smaller groups and he was very comfortable. He enjoyed Club Night, too, but it got old for him and he walked back to the hotel before it was over.

You're not the first one that's said this. There's always next year!
Yeah, if I make it next year, I know not to buy my BN tickets.
I wish you would have done it too! We had an awesome time.
I know. I have a few Zealot friends that were on it (that's how I found out about it).
I have done the BN thing a couple of times, and I'm too old and crabby to hang out in huge groups, although the outside thing this year would have been ok.
It was OK, but a little bit of a 'circus' for me. I don't think I'd have done it were it in an inside venue.
The last few times I went, it was WAY too crowded, WAY too noisy, and I ended up staying for just a short time. I did get to knock down John Maier for a hat, though. He's just about the only person who is much smaller than I am, and I can kick his butt.
Sounds like he's Pierre Celis-sized. lol
Bob really enjoyed the Soper Tour, as he knew a few folks, and had time to chat with several people in smaller groups and he was very comfortable.
Yeah, that's why I would have gone on it in retrospect. The Zealots are a great crew. I hung out with them at the awards banquet. I'm fine solo in general, but it's always nice to be around people you already know.

Yeah, that's why I would have gone on it in retrospect. The Zealots are a great crew. I hung out with them at the awards banquet. I'm fine solo in general, but it's always nice to be around people you already know.
We might have bumped into each other then. A few Zealots and ASH helped kill AZ's Utopias after the awards.

Apparently. It was one of the seminar rooms across from the vendor showcase during a lunch break from what I understand. I think it was primarily the AHA forum, but it was open to any other forums also.

This was the first time the AHA (well, Drew and I) had set up something like this and some things kinda got away from us (them). I think that it will continue in future NHCs and hopefully be better organized and publicized.

Back