• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New York Electric Brewery.com Hopstopper for Blichman 10-30 gallon kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBK

Reaction score
This is a hop-stopper from http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/hop-stopper. Cost to buy new shipped is $76.50. Asking $61.50 shipped lower 48.

This is a pic inside a 10 gallon Blich.

Below is a pic out of the pot.

This unit is specifically designed for a 10-30 gallon Blichmann brew kettle and requires removing the collar from the diptube and installing it on the hop-stopper.

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

Why are you selling? I had one of these on my old keggle system and it worked great. Is there an issue w the flat bottom of blichmann product?

I recently upgraded my system and have gone a different route for hop filtering. It does work well. My only issue was having to slow the flow to a trickle once the level in the brewpot reached the hopstopper.

Ill bet the problem is venting- if you can break the vacuum from the drain it would be fine.

Back