I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hooked on a Scottish soap opera. A BBC show that Plays on Netflix.

Hear those words in your head with a strong Scottish accent.

"Monarch of the Glen".

: - )~o"

Probably true. But it's a he!! of a soap! :)

The greatest Soap ever:

!!!!!!!!!soap.jpg

I remember the Mayflies from when I was a kid at the St Clair River in Michigan. They were everywhere and and piled up about a foot deep around the light poles as they died. The smelled like crap as they rotted

My dad used to say that it took four beers to grill chicken. My dad never drank IPA. I just put the wrong end of my cigar in my mouth...

Haha. Your dad knew which end to stick in his mouth I bet.

My dad grilled but continually sprayed lighter fluid on the fire. It would be 20 years before I realized that that's not the way burger should taste.

A little Saturday afternoon, grilling chicken, burning my mouth with my cigar music...

Off to the movies with kids #2 & #3. They both took summer classes and both got A's in all of them. #1 is on his way home after his last final Wednesday.

For your late Saturday night soundtrack, Starbuck. If you watch it, you'll think the xylophone (marimba) solo is computer generated. Just fantastic. BTW, Bruce Blackman (vocals) comments many times in the youtube site under this video. Never seen that before.

I know there's some old hippies here: what happened to our generation? Sundays used to be about lazing in a park.

For your sunday soudtrack, I submit Spanky and our Gang. I have no idea why the person who put this video has wedding pictures of the Sharon Tate and Roman Polanski in there. One murdered by the Manson clan, the other moved on to underage models and has hidden in Europe since being indicted. Anyway, hope your summer sunday is as groovy as mine. I'm reading in the hammock outback, somewhat lit.

Hey all, hope everybody is well!

We had a family camp-out at Bellows AFB a few weeks ago that I made reservations for back in April. A few days before our date there was talk of a large tropical depression heading towards Oahu. A very big storm that was going to hit another island first. Storms generally peter out by the time they get here so we pushed on with the plans. Twenty-eight people involved and nobody wanted to be the one to wimp out.

Most of us got there Friday afternoon and set up, the remainder were coming Saturday morning. All in all 7 tents and 3 of those pop-up sun shades were set up. Friday and Saturday-day, was beautiful. Everybody swam, we ate like kings. It was great!

Early Saturday evening the weather cooled, the wind kicked up, and the flies arrived. It started to rain around 9pm, just a light drizzle for a while and then a mild downpour for an hour or so. By midnight the rain stopped, the wind died, and we thought it was over. We patted ourselves on the back for sticking out the "big storm" and not bailing like many of the campers around us did. Like we all figured, the storm had petered out. (cell phones were all dead by now, no radio)

Around midnight the real storm hit; thunder and lightning like Hawaii rarely sees and the rain was coming in sideways. That lasted a solid 6 hours. My wife and my tent leaked, it was impossible to stay dry. By morning all 28 of us we were soaked and had not slept a wink. All-in-all more than 6.5" inches of rain came down in our area.

We got up with the sun and surveyed the damage. Our site was protected by trees and the tents were in tact but many of those in the open area weren't as lucky. I watched one guy drag the mangled corpse of a tent behind his truck. Where he was taking it to, I don't know. Quite a few tents were destroyed. We got lucky.

Trip to remember for sure. At first we were just freaking out about the abundance of centipedes around our campsite. Then came the fun. :mug:

Howdy HBT. How's everyone doing?

Hanging in there.

Took this week off for a staycation. Went fishing with my boys and now we're roasting marshmallows in the yard .

Great times! Man that looks like fun, wish I was there. My youngest (#3) turns 17 tomorrow. Enjoy your time with the boys, they'll be men before you know it.

Hanging in there.

Great times! Man that looks like fun, wish I was there. My youngest (#3) turns 17 tomorrow. Enjoy your time with the boys, they'll be men before you know it.

I plan on it PP. They make me proud everyday. They also make me frustrated on some day but I'm sure my parents thought the same about me. Going to take them hiking through the woods tomorrow and maybe knock out some evening fishing.

I plan on it PP. They make me proud everyday. They also make me frustrated on some day but I'm sure my parents thought the same about me. Going to take them hiking through the woods tomorrow and maybe knock out some evening fishing.

I'm taking my boys to San Francisco area Friday for a week of hiking and biking. Same thing, should be fun.

Sounds like fun times and good memory makers guys.

I still fondly remember camping trips with my dad all these years later.

There is a Mother's Day, there is a Father's Day
In Hawaii, there is a Boys and Girls Day
There's May Day, Independence Day, and Remembrance Day
July Thirty One, I declare to everyone; it's - Son's Day! :mug:

Spread the word!:D

Back