Words and phrases I hate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CreamyGoodness said:
Playing WoW the other day, some yutz angrily said "stop pulling huntard". I was unaware I was "pulling" but I hate it when people end a word with "tard" so much that I decided I couldnt let it go. I instructed him to perform felatio on me, and made a little smiley face.

Yeah, I was totally kicked out of the instance, but I hope he had a nerd fit.

.... When people talk about dumb video game stuff no one cares about

It seems like a lot of you folks hate words or phrases because you take them literally when they aren't supposed to be. Worse than my wife on the rag...

I am not a fan of "on the rag" either. But as a forum like this is written, it seems appropriate for people to take these words literally. And if folks take offense to me starting a sentence with a conjunctions (like "but" or "and") mores the better for holding us to a standard that propels us, least we end up with a version of ebonics having non-consensual sex with l33t speak.

Things that drive me nuts:
"Awkward..." It's just damn awkward
"How come?" I consider that phrase as poor grammar. A simple "why" would suffice.
"If you will". If I will what?
"Literally" is literally misused 90% of the time, and just damn annoying.

I feel the same way about "nom."
As in "This beer is great. Nomnomnom"

I like ice cream.

old guy.jpg

OK! Ready for a **** storm? (maybe)

Quote Unquote...........

How the eff do you unquote something?

Shouldn't it be "quote....endquote"?

As in (spoken): Bill said you are "quote endquote" DOING IT WRONG!

CityOChampBrew said:
All day long. This one I have found more and more annoying as more people use it.

As in: I can get fifty bucks for that all day long.

And the saying is even worse when people talk sports. "I'll take the patriots to win all day long". As if a fan is gonna give up on their team at noon.

"Not so much" or "Like, right?"

"These people are cute! Those ones? Not so much........like, right?"

Like no, go die.

Kreemy, I thought of you today when the paper delivery guy came in with a black shirt with massive white block letters stating "COOL STORY BRO". If we ever do a swap that shirt is going in the box ;)

I hate literally when used in place of figuratively. Also YOLO, and anything pluralized that shouldn't be: ex. "yous guys", and "anyways"

Well then you, sir, would hate Chicago. Every last one of my Uncles, Cousins and Friends all say yous and Jewels (grocery store) gratuitously.

Back