My very first home brew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yooper Chick said:
I have two 7.5 gallon buckets, several carboys, and a few 3 gallon carboys and 1 gallon glass jugs. I usually have one in primary, one in secondary, and one recently bottled but right now I'm running low because I haven't brewed in a while. I usually have several wines going, too; right now I'm picking dandelions and cutting rhubarb and have a apple wine bulk aging in a jug.

Welcome to the obsession!

Whoa...that sounds serious, Lorena! What are the one gallon jugs used for? I've thought about making wine, too. I saw some ingredients at the shop the other day that were intriguing, things like oak cubes and what have you. I'm taking my mom out shopping today, maybe I should swing by the Wine &Hop place and pick up a couple more carboys. Umm, more bottles, too. :)

magnus said:
wow, beer brewing women! *SIGH* why are all the good women on computer sceens? =]

The online world is like Lake Wobegone, where all the women are strong and all the children are above average...or however that goes, lol!

Annette

Junebug said:
Whoa...that sounds serious, Lorena! What are the one gallon jugs used for? I've thought about making wine, too. I saw some ingredients at the shop the other day that were intriguing, things like oak cubes and what have you. I'm taking my mom out shopping today, maybe I should swing by the Wine &Hop place and pick up a couple more carboys. Umm, more bottles, too. :)

I make small batches of wine, from using Welch's juice to apple cider to other fruits. I've made mead, too. You can make wine from almost anything!

Back