• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

keg feeler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techrunner

Reaction score
i may have a line on some ball lock 5 gallon kegs, just wanted to put out a feeler and see if people would need some. they're $20 each plus shipping. i'm not entirely certain how many i can get a hold of yet, but if theres a lot of interest i will try to get as many as possible, if not then i'll just get a couple for myself. let me know if you want any and how many, and i'll see what i can get. thanks, nick

When do you tink you could get them? I am in the market for 2 or 4 depending on shipping to 23220, but I would need them soon (in the next couple of weeks/early March)

Pending on shipping charges to 35805, I'd be down for 2-5 if you had some around the last week in February.

You can get a good idea if you pick a zip code on both coasts. FedEx seems to be the cheapest from what I've found. You should be able to get a box from UPS or FedEx. My limited experience shows that it is most cost effective to ship in lots of 4. From Western Iowa shipping runs from 30-40 dollars for 4. They weigh 10-11 lbs each.

ok anybody have any experience with shipping them? costs or box sizes?

The time I ordered them from a guy on here, the shipper rinsed out and pressurized the kegs (so that upon receipt you knew if you had a good keg or not), bagged them in lots of four in a large garbage bag, stuck that bag inside a box, and dropped it in the mail. Personally I'd put a band of (duct) tape around the four kegs to keep them a bit more secure and just use his same process if I were ever to ship any kegs.

Obviously this same method could be used for any number of kegs with an appropriate sized box, but 4 makes a nice shape/size to ship.

Not 100% sure because I can't find the thread now, but I can tell you that I paid 105 for 4 shipped to 35805. I want to say it was 20-25.

ok. i'm going to go get these today. i guess i'll get as many as i can fit inot my suburban, and i'll post up tonight how many i ended up with. as soon as i find something to ship them in i will get quotes on shipping and should be able to start getting them out in a couple days. i have no co2 equipment yet though, so i'll have to just ship them out as they are when i get them. i''l try to update with pics tonight or tomorrow.

Where in WY is your source? I might be interested in driving up there. PM if you want.
Cheers, Jeffro

i'm in sundance, which is about 5.5 hrs away from denver. i might end up heading to laramie in a couple weeks though.

Figured it was the wrong side of the state. I do ab it of work in Laramie, but hopefully I'm done with that job.

If you have enough, quote me 4 to 80226 when you get the shipping scene figured out.

ok, i ended up with 22 of them total. shipping quotes are the same for 2 as for 4 online, so i guess i'll go in order of whoever responds. i will pm shipping quotes , they range from 25-35 for those that posted up here already. i'll just go down the list and when they're gone they're gone. i don't have anything to pressurize them, i have no co2 stuff yet. they look good though, not beat up or anything. a few have stickers on them i guess. thanks guys.

Just tried sending ya a PM but said you were full. I'll try to send ya info in tomorrow about my UPS and how ya want paid. THANKS

Still have about 8 or 10 of these left guys. They are all holding pressure too, they were pressurized when I picked them up I just didn't realize it.

My four kegs arrived this morning. They look to be in great shape. This was a terrific deal and a smooth transaction.

I accidentally overpaid by $100 and Nick sent me a refund before I even noticed it. If he finds any more kegs I wouldn't hesitate to order from him.

Thanks Nick!

Regards,

Vic

sorry guys, i have run out. i will revive this thread if i can get any more though. thanks everyone. nick

Just got mine and they look great! All 4 held pressure and look totally clean on the inside. Of course I had to look. lol

Great Job! and let me know if ya snatch more up. I'm in!

Back