• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

5500W Heating element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merlyn77

Reaction score
I got lucky at the store and they had a few of these heating elements on sale. Weeks before I had purchased one from amazon for around $26 shipped and now I find them for just under $10! I decided to keep one for myself and give anyone else looking for one a good price. The only thing I wonder about these is what that little piece of metal is made of at the base of the coil. Also, the last picture is an element out of the packaging and the one I'm keeping.

I believe it will fit in a medium flat rate box ($10.95).

I have 4 extra. Would anyone be interested in one or more?

$20 shipped unless I can figure out a cheaper way to ship them. If you live near Corpus Christi, TX and want to pick it up it would be $10.

IMG_7210.JPG

IMG_7205.JPG

IMG_7206.JPG

IMG_7208.JPG

You might want to post the thread diameter. I bought one that was a deal but thread was too big for a 1” locknut. I searched for a nut that would fit. Couldn't find one so I had to buy camco brand.

Great advice. I purchased the McMaster-Carr 1" Locknut found here and it fits it perfect.

Many of the other locknuts I found (at Tractor Supply for example) were deeper than the 0.38" that they offer.

Not that I have an extra 220 breaker free in my panel, but is this all you need to make a heatstick?

Mikeysab and JRems, I sent you both PMs.

dave73ok, they are 14 1/4" long from tip to tip. The element is 12 7/8" long.

As of right now all 4 are spoken for. I'll post again if someone changes their mind.

Thanks

Just sent payment. I think those metal things on the bottom are magnesium anodes. Some people add them so you don't get rust on the element. I think this one has the anode built in. It's just a guess since I don't have one in my hand but that's what it looks like.

Back