Brew Pub in Corpus Christi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to thred jack, but I'll be heading to San Antonio next month. Got some 50# sacks lined up for 40 a bag. Let me know if want me to pick you up some.

say what? are you guys in Bash? or am I missing something?

Is there even a good turn out with bash? I see Paul? every so often over at liquid town on airline every now and then...

I am going to be ordering grain after the 20th (payday) 2 sacks I think

no homebrew party is a shop in San Antonio. I am the current president of BASH, were no foam rangers or austin zealots, but it is a cool time, http://beer-bash.com/. There is always some good homebrew going around, meeting on the 12th.

CCbrewer, I'm not a member of bash, but after talking with Hopsalot at B&Js. I'm going to hit up the next meeting and check it out. I've been running solo here in Corpus for to long. Time to brew with some brewers vise my neighbors drinking my beer while they watch me brew.

Hopsalot, yep Homebrew party. 49 a bag for British malt and 40 a bag for Briess American. Taking the family up to Six flags going to pick up a few bags. Thinking about trying to put together a CC group buy. I'm sure we can get the cost below 40. Heck I'll even drive an pick it up for everybody.

Paul at liquid town seems like a super nice guy. I've talked to him a few times. I just don't think they can order enough grains to offset the shipping cost. My first quote was 2 row 1.40 a pound, no matter how much you buy. A few calls later, they quoted me 58 a bag for American and 80 something for British. Even if I ordered 4 bags.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a LHBS snob. I was stationed in San Diego and Everett Washington. Lots of major breweries in the back and major homebrew shops in the front. I was paying 35-37 bucks a bag for grain. .90 cents if I only need a few pounds.

Liquid Town is a liquor store first home brew / cigar shop second. I don't think you can serve three masters and be good to all three. Plus, I don't think they are turning over much grain. Not their fault..there is no market down here for all grain. The specialty malts were all over the place and looked a little old to me. Don't shoot me just my opinion. I'd rather stock up when I hit San Antonio, brew a ton and drink aged beer, vise using old ingredients. Plus even with shipping I can get it online cheaper.

I agree, Liquid town is nice in a pinch, but they are expensive. 10.99 for a ball lock disconnect..... I mean... keep small inventory and get the cost low... but I can get it cheaper from amazon even with shipping...

Paul I guess thought I was full of poopoo when I said I was jumping straight into all grain... he laughed when I said I had a lead on 1/2bbl kegs in austin he smiled real wide when I said I had purchased them for $30/ea and got them down here and was converting them to keggles.

He laughed in my face when I said I was getting ball locks for under $45 shipped to my door in Grade A+ condition...

I don't fault him, if I were not me I'd think I was full of poopoo too, but I just placed an order today for 6-ball locks shipped $217 thats pressure checked and cleaned out.

He seem like a great guy, knows his stuff, and I respect that. I am just a little put off by him. I guess you can understand why.

I am in there twice a week getting this or that, but I have most of my stuff already.

Heck I just got a heck of a deal on co2 regulators (5) dual gauge for $78 shipped.

I am going to have two for my kegerator im going to build already bought the 5.4 chest freezer for $125.

I do need to get some grain and sell this drum kit I have taking up space LOL

anyone trade beer stuff for a drum kit?

I hope I didn't sound like I was calling anyone out. It all about supply and demand. It's not Paul's or Liquid Towns fault that there is no market down here. Plus online prices aways hurt the mom and pop places. I plan to give them as much business as I can afford to. We need to keep up as much demand as possible. Otherwise they will stop selling.

Nahhhh takes a swift kick to my crotch to get under my skin.... however I do hold grudges like an elephant... so be forewarned..... e.g. I never forget :p

but yea.... I buy from them when I can, priming sugar, yeast, hops, if I need under 5 lbs of grain for a recipe I will buy locally... but I am on a 10 gallon keggle system.... well still building my system... I need to cut my tops and put some ball valves in....

I think I am not going to be able to actually brew until march 1st because of my pay schedule falling on the 20th and then shipping time....

I need a brew buddy so I can pay the propane and help them brew and brew second on their setup :) I want to make a texas bock from ahs and then a hefe

Well, on the 3rd of this month it was our Brewpubs 1st year anniversary. The first year was a huge success. Alot of hard work, but it payed off, higher beer sales and food sales, 10-20% from the year before including paying for all of our original equipment. I joined this website more than 5 years ago and never looked back. I appreciate all that the Community on HBT has done for my career! Cheers!!!

556360_566598166684715_231366619_n.jpg

67930_563197947024737_1403662426_n.jpg

405589_563197970358068_381629760_n.jpg

67250_566174280060437_430813595_n.jpg

529779_566175386726993_1673440887_n.jpg

Wile I have no aspirations to ever sell my beer, I think that is awesome. I work with small businesses and think it is amazing anytime a business idea comes together and makes it through the first few years. When it can be done by making a business out of something you love to do on your "free time", it's that much better.

no homebrew party is a shop in San Antonio. I am the current president of BASH, were no foam rangers or austin zealots, but it is a cool time, http://beer-bash.com/. There is always some good homebrew going around, meeting on the 12th.

I just now saw this! Darn- I'm going to miss it because I didn't know about it!

I really want to come, though.

Maybe we could have a Corpus HBT get-together? Or if you guys want to come to Rockport, we could sit out on our deck and have a few sometime!

I missed it. Damn work is killing my beer drinking time. I need to get a job brewing. Hopsalot, Ya'll hiring?

Larry, you dang west coast sunuva, we are actually having the party this Friday the 15th, Cask of hoppy amber, and on draft: Belgian Golden ale, IPA, Porter, and the same Porter recipe fermented with Belgian strong ale yeast. As well as 20 other draft beers as you know. Not hiring brudda, sorry bout that

Yoop, real busy at the brewery and the other job, but I think we can make something work out this year before you leave

oh yeah, and a Sour Rye Ale, a 50/50 blend of Brett B and Brett L, not to be missed

Latest posts

Back