What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magic Hat HiCu. Wondering if I should crack the New Holland Four Witches Black Saison or wait till tomorrow hmmm

ForumRunner_20130706_014401.jpg

Fuzzymittenbrewing said:
The movie..... and hell the mead too! :tank:

The movie was good. There's a couple things about it I didn't like, but overall I enjoyed it.
I guess that could describe the mead as well. ;)

LoloMT7s Red. Another great beer man! Is this Imperial or no? Pretty close to Red Dread in aroma and flavor if you ask me. Thanks!!

Thanks.. borderline imperial think it ended up around 7.8% the 5 gallons I had on tap were citra ctz dry hop (like red dread). The 5 gallons bottled were Centennial dry hop us-05 and I actually liked the bottles best.
Drinking water watching a movie.. long day.

There's only two reasons, under normal circumstances, that I can think of for drinking at 5:45 am. 1) You're still drinking from the night before or 2) you're up earlier than any sane person has a right to be on their day off in the name of brewing before it gets too hot outside. Guess which one applies to me.
smile.gif

20130706_053942.jpg

There's only two reasons, under normal circumstances, that I can think of for drinking at 5:45 am. 1) You're still drinking from the night before or 2) you're up earlier than any sane person has a right to be on their day off in the name of brewing before it gets too hot outside. Guess which one applies to me.
smile.gif

Or, you have kids. Time for a beer!

Well, I mean you could just be getting off work too.. ;)

Well, I mean you could just be getting off work too.. ;)

That's true. I didn't think about the folks on shift work. Sad part about that is I actually work shift work hours occasionally and I didn't consider it.

Now I am having coffee. The initial excitement about getting up crazy early to brew has given way to the fatigue that comes along with doing nothing while waiting for the mash and boil.

nukebrewer said:

Whatcha brewing?

nukebrewer said:
Dopplebock. My first attempt at the style.

Nice! It's on the list, but I need a bigger flask for a lager starter. What yeast are you going with?

damn you really got me on the first picture haha i actually thought for a second you were drinking that and was quite surprised

WesleyS said:
This

Haha! Not really.
Coffee.

We should have a group love child tasting on this thread. I know a few of us have one. I shoulda listened to my wife and bought more of them :(

finsfan said:
damn you really got me on the first picture haha i actually thought for a second you were drinking that and was quite surprised

I'm not sure when I'll drink it. I'm just surprised I actually bought it. ;)

TNGabe said:
We should have a group love child tasting on this thread. I know a few of us have one. I shoulda listened to my wife and bought more of them :(

I could've bought more, but damn! $20 for a bottle! I'm such a cheapskate. :D

Another lake view with a Bloody Mary now once we get on the lake it will be "water" (miller) then off to the house to drink some good beer I'm out up here after last night

image-3380531789.jpg

WesleyS said:
I could've bought more, but damn! $20 for a bottle! I'm such a cheapskate. :D

I found them for $13 or getting more than one wouldn't have been an option.

bobmcstuff said:
I'm at a CAMRA beer festival... It's awesome :D

That sounds great. About time we saw you drinking some English beer for a change ;)

Hangin at the Strip District in the 'Burgh this morning! Had an Espresso Ristretto at the Allegheny Coffee Exchange and some Chorizo Sausage from the Parma Sausage Co. This place is freaking awesome! I love coming down here! Now to Presto Georgeo for some coffee beans for a coffee stout!

DisturbdChemist said:
That os a great entry sour/funk. Next try petrus aged pale for a puckering sour experience. Love cuvee rene

I didn't care for it at first but after my second glass I could taste sour grapes and it finished with a banana taste.

At Bella Notte Italian Eatery. But it was the 44 beers on tap that got me! Granted they're all pretty common stuff, it's still a damn good selection! Doing a Flight with my wife:
L-R
1. Tröegs Sunshine Pils
2. Angry Orchard
3. ST 2X IPA
3. Dale's Pale Ale
4. Victory Hopdevil

Today is certainly making up for the sh!tty 4th I had! Spending way too much money!

Maybe later we'll go furry watching...

image-1814778181.jpg

TNGabe said:
I found them for $13 or getting more than one wouldn't have been an option.

Yeah, if I could've found them for that, I'd have bought two.

More coffee as I pack up some beer for FermentNEthinG.

That sounds great. About time we saw you drinking some English beer for a change ;)

I drink plenty of English (or Scottish) beer!!

I think everything I posted last night was either made by me, Scottish or English?

Planning to stop by a local brewery for a growler of Gandhi-Bot. Today is going to be a good day.

Never brewed hung over before... This could get weird. Mashing in on my toasted nut brown ale and drinking lots of water. It's almost 90 in my apartment so chilling later is going to SUCK

Magic Hat HiCu. Wondering if I should crack the New Holland Four Witches Black Saison or wait till tomorrow hmmm

View attachment 133418

My girlfriend loves that stuff, but is disappointed you can only get it in the summer sampler pack. We actually stopped at the brewery in Vermont and asked if we could buy just the HiCu, and the guy says: "Best I can do is open a bottle and let you have a taste."

Oh, gee, thanks dude.

We were leaving and he's like, "Did you try our beer?"
"No."
"Why not! We have a great new pilsner!"
"No thanks.
"We also have a new IPA."
"Oh? What's special about it?"
"We brew it with sweet potatoes!"
"No."

Back