American wheat recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewByBerg

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to brew an American wheat beer that is light like blue moon, but with more tropical notes. I want it hoppy but nothing crazy. Here is what I have come up with.

8oz caravienne malt
8oz Munich malt
6lbs wheat dry extract
1oz hallertauer @ 60
.25oz galaxy @ 30
.5 oz citra @ 1
1.25oz @ 1

IBUs come out at about 20. My main question is what grain would be a good choice to steel with since I am doing extract! Thanks for the help

Which yeast are you going to go with? This beer wont be as light as a Coor's Moon, the vienne and munich will make sure of that. I'm not sure what your quesiton about which grain to "steel" meens. I assume you meen 'steep', but that doesn't really make sense either as you will need to do that with both grains.

Do us a favor and clean up your post, especially the mystery 1.25oz @1 addition at the end.

I brewed an American Wheat using Citra and it's awesome, a good lawnmower beer. The recipe is pretty simple:

50% wheat
50% 2 row
1/2 oz Citra for 30 min
1/2 oz Citra for 5 min
Wyeast 1007 German Ale

454k30 said:
Which yeast are you going to go with? This beer wont be as light as a Coor's Moon, the vienne and munich will make sure of that. I'm not sure what your quesiton about which grain to "steel" meens. I assume you meen 'steep', but that doesn't really make sense either as you will need to do that with both grains.

Do us a favor and clean up your post, especially the mystery 1.25oz @1 addition at the end.

Sorry, damn iPhone. I plan on using WLP320 for yeast.. But maybe use wlp300. I'm not sure if I want that smell of banana. And the 1.25oz is of galaxy at 1 min. Looking to make something light and tropical

Back