Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished this a few weekends ago. Ancient commercial True TDD-2, refurbed with a custom tap tower to replace the two stainless towers it came with.

20150419_213627_Flicker Ln.jpg

There's a rash of keezer envy driving this building craze!

:mug:

That is absolutely what drove me to build mine. And I have to say I'm so glad I did. It is so cool to have a variety of my own brews on tap in the house. Only completed two weeks ago and I've already had two sets of friends over. They just were in awe...

I noticed people really like to pour their own beer. It's like you're allowed to finally play with the toys that are usually the sole domain the bartender.

Big boys toys.

Can I ask - what is that surface you used on the top? It's a great look. I love this whole deal - especially the steampunk taps.

Thanks for the compliment. I used liquid nails and screws to adhere concrete backer board to the to and sides of lid then applied three coats of concrete skim coat mixed with black pigment. I had intended to sand it smooth before applying the glossy sealant but my 15 yo. son suggested I should leave it since it looked like a rough cut quarry slab. He made the drip tray for me as well. We shot that with several coats of clear to preserve the patina but prevent further rust.

I went for the industrial look to match my son's bathroom that guests use when we entertain. I've attached some photos of that too.

View attachment 1431706307931.jpg

View attachment 1431706329483.jpg

View attachment 1431706376499.jpg

View attachment 1431706413377.jpg

View attachment 1431706576976.jpg

View attachment 1431706593582.jpg

View attachment 1431706608754.jpg

View attachment 1431706638435.jpg

View attachment 1431706715394.jpg

View attachment 1431706744842.jpg

That is absolutely what drove me to build mine. And I have to say I'm so glad I did. It is so cool to have a variety of my own brews on tap in the house. Only completed two weeks ago and I've already had two sets of friends over. They just were in awe...

I noticed people really like to pour their own beer. It's like you're allowed to finally play with the toys that are usually the sole domain the bartender.

Big boys toys.

Mine's been pouring since the middle of March and I still smile when I go fill my glass. To your point, my son definitely likes to pour his own...

:mug:

I just built my tower. I used the Perlick adjustable flow faucets and I'd never use anything else. No worries about line length, first beer foam and I like to brew Belgian beers so with my Saul regulator I charge them up to 20 pounds while my others are around 12. Now the Belgian beer doesn't come shooting out of the faucet. Perfect pours every time. View attachment 264278

Love those tap heads, where did you get the Duff Beer and the phone receiver tap from?

Can someone tell me what this is? Is it just a fan in a box blowing cool air into the tower?

USB computer cooling fan with a 12" piece of copper pipe along the beer lines to circulate cool air through the insulated tower to prevent foamy beer. I fastened it to the lid to eliminate possible kinks in flex tubing, increase floor space for kegs and eliminate any sort of electrical issues if a keg leaks and fills up the chest freezer.

Those plugs are also little brushes to clean the taps with. Not necessarily these types of plugs, but, if you have cats, any plug is a must.

I bought those plugs with the brushes and now they're already starting to rust a little. Do you have this problem?

I bought those plugs with the brushes and now they're already starting to rust a little. Do you have this problem?

No rust. They get beer in them though. Mine I got from a restaurant supply. I believe the brushes are woven into stainless wire. I only got them because they were 4 bucks for a six pack.

Easier for the kids to empty a keg accidentally, without any clean up.

Sorry, I guess that's not completely a positive thing. Less cleanup is good, less beer is bad.

Never mind.

Back