Twist off Anchor Steam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
Have you seen this? One of my favorite beers is going to twist off bottles. I wrote them an email and this was their response:
Thank you for your e-mail. We have been getting requests for years to make our bottles twist-off, and have been experimenting with twist-off caps for a few years, throwing in a batch here and there. In March 2005, all of our beer bottles are twist-off, with the exception of our 22 oz. bottles, which will always be pry-off.

Kind regards from San Francisco,
Anchor Brewing Company

billybrew said:
Have you seen this? One of my favorite beers is going to twist off bottles. I wrote them an email and this was their response:
Thank you for your e-mail. We have been getting requests for years to make our bottles twist-off, and have been experimenting with twist-off caps for a few years, throwing in a batch here and there. In March 2005, all of our beer bottles are twist-off, with the exception of our 22 oz. bottles, which will always be pry-off.

Kind regards from San Francisco,
Anchor Brewing Company

Yeah, Sam and I noticed that a while back. I still have a case of the old Anchor bottles that I just bottled my milk stout in. They are the coolest bottles. I was bummed to see that is the end of them!

Yeah, they said that they had changed over in March, but this is the first time I've gotten the twist off. Man, we don't drink enough beer in Oklahoma! I'm doing what I can though.

I was a bit suprised to find the last Anchor's I bought had twist-off's too. Was hoping to keep the bottles. Oh well, at least it's decent beer :)

I guess not too great of a loss for the homebrewer. I was pouring a homebrew from one of their bottles last night and noticed that the design is somewhat lacking when in comes to stopping sediment.

Back