South Florida (Broward/Dade) Brewpubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmetal

Reaction score
Any good brewpubs or even just good bars with decent beer around here?

I feel like this is the end of the distribution line for the continental US... if you find Newcastle here it's treated like it's the most foreign thing in the world....

Brewzzii's in West Palm and Boca Raton. (I know Palm Beach)
Big Bear Brewing Company in Coral Springs
Brother Tuckers out in Pompano Beach
World of Beer (Coconut Creek)

I can't help with further south, I hate traveling south.

Brewzzii's in West Palm and Boca Raton. (I know Palm Beach)
Big Bear Brewing Company in Coral Springs
Brother Tuckers out in Pompano Beach
World of Beer (Coconut Creek)

I can't help with further south, I hate traveling south.

I agree... When I cross that countyline I feel like I need to go back home and get my passport just in case

thanks for the names though! I'll check them out for sure, Ive heard of Big bear are they good?

Big Bear is excellent, foods a bit pricey but the beer is good.

http://www.bigbearbrewingco.com/Menu/menu_2.htm

The year round beers are

Polar Light (nothing special)
Hibernation Pale Ale (Good IPA)
Grizzly Red (Pretty good)
Brown Bear Ale (Pretty Good)
Kodiak Belgian Dubbel (Their best year round)

and 3 rotationals, right now they have
Paw print Pilsner, Octobearfest and a Blueberry.

Ok I live here in Miami, in Coral Gables to be exact.
Abbey's beers are produced up in mid Florida somewhere I for one wasn't impressed with the place at all.

The only true brewpub in this area is by the University of Miami called Titanic restaurant. Good brew and good food, the brewer's rye which is on tap there is also a default recipe in Beersmith.

The other location which is in Brickell is [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=gordon+biersch&fb=1&gl=us&hq=gordon+biersch&hnear=Hialeah,+FL&cid=0,0,1869618230407318123&ei=aLjBTJyAMcL98AbGnfTaBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CB8QnwIwAQ"]Gordon Biersch[/ame], though food is expensive but good lagers.

Other places to consider going for stuff in bottle or tap, given your tastes and prejudice are:

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=yard+house+coral+gables&fb=1&gl=us&hq=yard+house+coral+gables&hnear=Hialeah,+FL&cid=0,0,11001342492994792520&ei=qLnBTJfpNsG78gaz672sBg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCcQnwIwAQ"]The Yard House in Merrick Park[/ame].

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=fritz+and+franz&fb=1&gl=us&hq=fritz+and+franz&hnear=Hialeah,+FL&cid=0,0,11466231967571021028&ei=zLnBTKalBsH58AbVpK33Bg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCAQnwIwAQ"]Fritz and Franz in Miracle mile[/ame].

And maybe The Bar in miracle mile.

I lived in Miami also and enjoyed the Abbey. BeerAdvocate gave the Abbeys beers a very good rating. Not a good place if you want something to eat or require fancy surroundings. You'd have to like big beers to appreciate it.

Ok I live here in Miami, in Coral Gables to be exact.
Abbey's beers are produced up in mid Florida somewhere I for one wasn't impressed with the place at all.

The only true brewpub in this area is by the University of Miami called Titanic restaurant. Good brew and good food, the brewer's rye which is on tap there is also a default recipe in Beersmith.

The other location which is in Brickell is Gordon Biersch, though food is expensive but good lagers.

Other places to consider going for stuff in bottle or tap, given your tastes and prejudice are:

The Yard House in Merrick Park.

Fritz and Franz in Miracle mile.

And maybe The Bar in miracle mile.
I LOVE Yardhouse! I've only been there 2 times (it's nearly 45mins from my house) but it's amazing.
I lived in Miami also and enjoyed the Abbey. BeerAdvocate gave the Abbeys beers a very good rating. Not a good place if you want something to eat or require fancy surroundings. You'd have to like big beers to appreciate it.

I like that kinda place where it's not flashy, just a hole in the wall with beers most people can't recognize. Not because I'm a beer snob (because I'm not), but because that usually means it's not overpriced. Typically when you have a place that's known for weird beers and all fancy they'll jack up the prices so people feel like the beer is all amazing and imported and crap like that and makes them feel fancy for having what ends up being a Pacific Northwest brewery

I'll have to check it out when I go down there next, but like I said above it's just a tad far for me to go and have a drink and come home. I'd have to go and make a night of it.

I guess the problem was they didn't have their beers on tap at the time I stopped by which was disappointing. I also kind of recall that the beers were served waaaaaay too cold for my likes. I guess I am just miserable about going to the beach and its area as I try to avoid going there which I can attribute to my sentiments.

I LOVE Yardhouse! I've only been there 2 times (it's nearly 45mins from my house) but it's amazing.

I like that kinda place where it's not flashy, just a hole in the wall with beers most people can't recognize. Not because I'm a beer snob (because I'm not), but because that usually means it's not overpriced. Typically when you have a place that's known for weird beers and all fancy they'll jack up the prices so people feel like the beer is all amazing and imported and crap like that and makes them feel fancy for having what ends up being a Pacific Northwest brewery

I'll have to check it out when I go down there next, but like I said above it's just a tad far for me to go and have a drink and come home. I'd have to go and make a night of it.

Although impressed by the fact that they have a tremendous selection of beer on tap I've stopped going to the yardhouse. Last time I went I had problems with the beers they served me, which I can only attribute it (speculatively) to the cleanliness of their serving lines which really annoyed me. :cross:

Beyond all the recommendations I'd say go to Titanic. They have live bands at night, food at a good price and the beer is fresh. :mug:

Latest posts

Back