Morebeer.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firstnten

Reaction score
Is claiming they done have the proper packing in stock to ship liquid malt. Currently they can only send out dry.

Since I know little about the difference between the two, maybe someone can shed some light.

Cost, taste, etc

DME is a little more expensive, typically, because they have gone through the spray-malt process, which is an extra labor step. LME is simply DME with the water still in it; DME has the water evaporated out via the spraying process. LME is a pain in the ass to work with, it's like molasses and sticks to everything. It also has a shorter shelf life than DME. If you ask me, the only reason to use LME is to save a few bucks...

Also, be careful when interchanging your recipe with the two. Since LME still has water, you'll need to use more of it (to account for water weight) to achieve the same gravity.

Is claiming they done have the proper packing in stock to ship liquid malt. Currently they can only send out dry.

Since I know little about the difference between the two, maybe someone can shed some light.

Cost, taste, etc

The liquid is put in a thick mylar type bag and heat sealed. The dry is in a plastic bag thinner then a freezer bag.(just so you dont think they are crazy)

Back