Keggle Trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alpsman

Reaction score
Greeting fine people,

I have a buddy cut a exit hole in two keggles for the ball valve. I got totally mixed up and had him drill the holes 1 " in diameter. I had wanted to put a no weld connector on them, but all the one's I have seen are 1/2" or 7/8". I think I totally screwed up by having the holes cut so big. I have not yet purchased any hardware, but fear I might have to pay more now for a welded SS connector. Total NOOB.

Can anyone help me with some advice as to how to proceed?

Thanks all,

Alpsman

I think you best bet is to get them welded. Your other option is to make your own "weldless" fitting with parts from McMaster. The bad side to that is that everything will be more expensive (Ball valves, nipples, etc...)

Greeting fine people,

I have a buddy cut a exit hole in two keggles for the ball valve. I got totally mixed up and had him drill the holes 1 " in diameter. I had wanted to put a no weld connector on them, but all the one's I have seen are 1/2" or 7/8". I think I totally screwed up by having the holes cut so big. I have not yet purchased any hardware, but fear I might have to pay more now for a welded SS connector. Total NOOB.

Can anyone help me with some advice as to how to proceed?

Thanks all,

Alpsman

Where are you located close to KC Kansas if so I can help out.

If not what would help is have a 1/2 couple turn down to one inch dia. most coupler or about .125 over one inch. That way the coupler will fit the hole for a sanitary tig weld

Just let me know

Dominus Vobiscum

Swagman:cool:

Back