No beer week - Feh! - almost over

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Epimetheus

Reaction score
I never minded Passover before, you know, the week some people go with flat bread. Hardly noticed the difference. Then I realized - no homebrew this year 'cuz the 5 dis-allowed grains are wheat, barley, rye, spelt and oats. That pretty much covers it. All the stuff in the pipeline is made with barley. Feh.

I did not think ahead to make a sorghum and rice batch. It probably would not earn a kosher stamp from any authority. But -

Next year in the fermenter!

Not a religious kinda guy but I do take off from drinking brews sometimes just to cleanse out the body. Usually just during the week tho.

How do you think I feel?

My last beer/adult beverage was Tuesday night February 12th! I gave up drinking for Lent and I can say it's more of a challenge every year.

Got a back porch cooler full for after Mass tomorrow --- I feel sorry for anyone who gets in my way when we get home!

I've been on tour for about 2 1/2 weeks now. As a band rule we don't drink on tour. I can do it and I'm willing to bet you'll get through this. That first beer is going to be mighty fine...

How do you think I feel?

My last beer/adult beverage was Tuesday night February 12th! I gave up drinking for Lent and I can say it's more of a challenge every year.

Got a back porch cooler full for after Mass tomorrow --- I feel sorry for anyone who gets in my way when we get home!

Dude lent was over Friday after mass

You my friend are 100% correct ---- waiting until after Easter Mass is my decision ----

Now where were we ????

Oh yeah --- CHEERS !!!

My first beer in a few weeks. Bell's 2 hearted. Now I'm drinking a Founder's Rye PA.

image-4273316575.jpg

butchV12, a post-Lent Prost!

DFC, good decision to tour without substances that affect your judgement or performance. It is all to easy to let go too far when you are traveling, whether on an extended business trip or in a touring band.

Thing is, until this year I did not know what good beer was like. Well, that's partly the purpose, to appreciate what could disappear so easily. Similar to Lent (agreed, not the same) and other temporary self-denials.

Back