HBT "rating" as product endorsement on an ad...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zymurgrafi

Reaction score
So I was reading Yankee Brew News today and saw an ad for a keg insulating jacket called KEGlove. It touted having received a rating of "10" from HomeBrewTalk.com! Tried to find this rating here but nothing popped up immediately.

Anyway, publicity for our little forum I suppose one way or the other. Yes, as seen on HBT!

:mug:

So I was reading Yankee Brew News today and saw an ad for a keg insulating jacket called KEGlove. It touted having received a rating of "10" from HomeBrewTalk.com! Tried to find this rating here but nothing popped up immediately.

Anyway, publicity for our little forum I suppose one way or the other. Yes, as seen on HBT!

:mug:

A commercial endorsement? I hope TX got paid for that!!

WOW....you'd think we wouldhave known if we rated something...I didn't know we did product ratings on here...I know that there was a thread about it awhile back...But a rating?

Maybe they're counting prosts or something?

I trust Ed's opinion on this, and it looks like a really cool product, and I like HBT getting some publicity...

But saying that HBT gave it a "10" based on ONE FREAKIN' REVIEW is really, REALLY weak.

Give em a break, they're a small company, even pseudo-publicity like 1 10 point review on a forum site is something like a free testimonial. If they were bigger I might have a problem with it, but they are well within their rights.

I saw this ad as well in Great Lakes Brew News (today in fact).

I have a Keg Glove. I like it. Good for tailgaiting and taking a keg to a party. Plus it's a Michigan product.

C'mon guys Edwort IS homebrew talk! :D

Actually does look like a very cool product, I like the idea of having a growler version too. Could pick up some growlers on roadtrips and they'd be cool allllll the way home :)

Yes, it's true. EdWort did give KEGlove a "10". Here's the link.

Home Brew Product Reviews - KEGLove Insulated Corny Sleeve with ice blanket - Powered by ReviewPost

Don't we, as homebrewers, rely on one another to share experience, tools and opinions?

I am more likely to purchase an item that has an independent review by a member of HBT than not. And, in the process HBT gets publicity which may attract more members, etc.

Of course that's true. But a sample of one homebrewer doesn't give you the HBT endorsement. I'm sure it's a good product. But the ad didn't say "As rated by EdWort of HBT- given a 10". It said, "Given a 10 by HBT" which is an outright lie. Maybe mention that to your "friend"?

Back