FOOTBALL Pool!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute.......

I'm so confused by the Pick 'Em League. Confidence points are confusing enough - I'm *guessing* we assign more points to the games we're more confident in? If we think something's a stone-cold lock, we give it a 16? It's not the other way around, where we say that's our "1" pick?

And are we making picks against the spread? Why am I seeing "pushes"? We're not just picking winners?

How did I miss all of these details before the season began? :drunk:

And why's the suicide/survival league still letting me make picks? I took Pitt over Cleveland (even though I was out after last week's Indianapolis debacle), it let me make the pick, then marked me as "wrong" even though Pitt was the winner. Is that because I'm disqualified, or because Pitt didn't win by the spread?

Wait a minute.......

I'm so confused by the Pick 'Em League. Confidence points are confusing enough - I'm *guessing* we assign more points to the games we're more confident in? If we think something's a stone-cold lock, we give it a 16? It's not the other way around, where we say that's our "1" pick?

And are we making picks against the spread? Why am I seeing "pushes"? We're not just picking winners?

How did I miss all of these details before the season began? :drunk:
Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be picking against the spread. And you're right about confidence picks - a stone-cold lock (or in my case "the Chargers fcuking up again") should be given 16 points. I'm not sure what pushes are, though my guess is that's when the spread is met exactly, when you don't get any points for that game.
And why's the suicide/survival league still letting me make picks? I took Pitt over Cleveland (even though I was out after last week's Indianapolis debacle), it let me make the pick, then marked me as "wrong" even though Pitt was the winner. Is that because I'm disqualified, or because Pitt didn't win by the spread?
I don't know why it's still letting you pick, but when I look at the HBT Survival page it has you listed as an eliminated player. Maybe you can carry on picking just for fun but without being eligible to win the overall prize?

Looks like Rian Lindell saved a few of our Survival asses this week. Much as it pains me to say it - yay Bills!

Yes, we pick against the spread. And for those in the survival pool all the remaining picks are loosing. So what if we all get eliminated the same week ?

I officially suck at these things! I can't blame picking against the spread, and confidence points for my failure. I am simply no good at picking NFL games.
Who ever wins, enjoy the $$$$ I donated to your fund! :mug:

Unless I'm very much mistaken, I believe we have a winner - congratulations HighPlainsDrifter! :mug:

But man, do the rest of us suck!

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!:mug:

I can't believe that I won this. I had a simple strategy, pick whoever is playing St. Louis.:)
Thank you everyone. We will have to do it again next year. Shoot, we could probably do it again THIS year there is plenty of time.;)

Ladies and Gentlemen- it looks like we have a winner in the Survivor league. It looks like everybody picked Dallas, Cincinnati, or Denver, except for one person.

HighPlainsDrifter- It looks like you won $130, unless someone comes along and tells me differently!!!!!!

PM me with your paypal address to claim your prize!

Congratulations to the Mutine Bullfrogs for winning the pick'em league! I'm not sure that anyone had a chance after week 8 except maybe Yooper.

Well done Edward! I hope that we get a chance to redeem ourselves next year.

Back