1st Annual ATL HBT Brewday!! SAturday 09/06

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nealf

Reaction score
Brew Day set: 9/6/2008 around 9am
at Brewiz's place

I think most of us (maybe all) are brewing the 999 Barleywine.

9 Confirmed attendees

Edit (the brewers):
Beerrific
Brewiz
nealf + SWMBO (I think)
Meyer817
mrk305
Tweeder
DeadDoc+1
Pseudochef + Friend (maybe)
rasherb(maybe)
Stevorino(maybe)

I'm in.

The weekends of July 19th or 26th would work best for me for the meet-up. After that I am going to be out of town until mid August.

I have never been to Max Lagers or the 5 Seasons (Sandy Springs). Either of those places would be good for me.

Those two days work for me as well. I suppose since Max Lager is closer towards the middle of the three of us that would be a fair place to meet up.

Brewiz does July 19th work for you? If so we can call it Max Lagers on the 19th.

If you guys are cool with it I think we should try to do a late lunch meeting so its not too busy out there say 2 or 3pm? Let me know.

I might be down for the actual brewday. I'll know more as the date nears. My best friend is a homebrewer in Conyers, so he may tag along too.

Alright; I'll make sure to keep this thread up to date with all the information about the when/where/what/whys of these festivities

If you guys are cool with it I think we should try to do a late lunch meeting so its not too busy out there say 2 or 3pm? Let me know.

That works for me. If I get up early enough that will give me time to brew before we meet.

I might be down for the actual brewday. I'll know more as the date nears. My best friend is a homebrewer in Conyers, so he may tag along too.

Sweet.

BUMP

Oh, and as an incentive to come to the brewday, I think that will be the day I will be tapping my Berliner Weisse (if Brewiz doesn't mind me bringing a buggy sour beer). This beer has been aging since February so hopefully it will be nice and sour and funky by September.

I'll be bringing a few different brews as well... (although only bottles... and only if I don't drink them all)

BM's Cent Blonde
Mostly Amarillo IPA (based on FR402's recipe)
Kinda O'Flannigan Standard (Increased IBUs)
... Whatever else I brew this month

and maybe some 8 month old apfelwein if anyone is interested.

Man, where are all the Ga folks or at least the local ATL guys??? Can't we get some interest in a group meet up and brew?

And you guys can bring all the beer you want, heck I just might drink and watch you all brew.....Just kidding.

and maybe some 8 month old apfelwein if anyone is interested.

I will bring some apfelwein that I have. It is about 14 months young and it absolutely fantastic. I just finished brewing and I am starting to look foward to meeting up next weekend to discuss the brew day.

Reminder bump... this Saturday at 2pm is the meet up at Max Lager's down town; Directions have been added to the first posting of this thread if you don't know where Max Lager's is.

I am lookng foward to it. I am bringing a friend to the meeting and possible the brew day. He is a former homebrewer and this could be what he needs to get back into the game.

I just now saw this thread. I'm in the Atlanta area... but won't be able to make the 19th because of other plans.

I definitely would be interested in future gatherings though.

Crap; They're doing construction around Chastain Rd. on 75S for me too. It looks like I'll need to leave quite early just to try to avoid all this traffic.

Then again I might just go a different way entirely

Sorry guys, didn't make it. Ended up spending quality time (really) with my 5 year old little guy. I don't think I posted this on HBT, but I have been seperated since before Easter and the weekends are the only time I get to spend with the little dude.

Hey guys. I just got back in town yesterday at 5pm. We spent a little time at the beach and had zero internet access. I didn't get the message until this morning. I hope everybody had a great time. How'd the brew session turn out?:mug:

I guess this thread needs an update. Six of us made it out to Max Lagers Saturday and after a couple beers decided on the brew day:

What: 9-9-9 Barleywine (or whatever)
When: 9-6-08 (Saturday after Labor Day), Time: TBD (probably starting early to finish up in the daylight)
Where: Brewiz's place (Stockbridge)

Stay tuned to this thread for more information.

I guess this thread needs an update. Six of us made it out to Max Lagers Saturday and after a couple beers decided on the brew day:

What: 9-9-9 Barleywine (or whatever)
When: 9-6-08 (Saturday after Labor Day), Time: TBD (probably starting early to finish up in the daylight)
Where: Brewiz's place (Stockbridge)

Stay tuned to this thread for more information.

Good call I've moved this data to the original post as well.... I set the time for 9am; if you guys want to get started earlier let me know! I'm looking forward to this.

Not sure I'd want to haul my brew gear out (not sure if I actually CAN get all of it loaded) but I'd love to swing by and meet local brewers and sample beers. :D I'd hate to bring my beer and have it be embarrassed as I'm sure you guys make better beer than me. :p Mine rarely has time to age properly between me and my friends. :drunk:

Crap; They're doing construction around Chastain Rd. on 75S for me too. It looks like I'll need to leave quite early just to try to avoid all this traffic.

Then again I might just go a different way entirely
They are always doing construction there it seems like.... north 75 for what I can remember now 3 years almost! They need to step it up and finish a project... Took them just around 2 years to finish a section of Highway 92 (which has lots of traffic)

Should be able to make it. Never been to stockbridge before but jonesboro/morrow/lake forest every usually few times a month. As far as beer I could bring.... American Amber Ale and a German AltBier. Will be brewing a Belgian Oktoberfest, Bière de Chute, But wouldnt be ready till October.

New here from Athens area, never brewed a batch in my life. In the process of building a 3 cornie kegerator with one keg being my own brew. If my schedule is right I would really like to get out meet some of you and see what it's all about. Maybe I can learn something in the process. Well if ya'll don't mind a new face I would enjoy attending.
-Rick-

So whats the address? PM if u want to rather than posting on here. :tank:

I will only have My Amber Ale.... maybe a few 20's or 24's of whatever is left of my older brews.

We'll PM the address to all people involved when it gets closer (I assume). I'm not sure exactly what I'll be able to bring anymore; but I'm sure there will be no shortage of brews to try.

I'll try to make it too.

I'm brewing a wheat ale this weekend. I'll bring some of that if it turns out.

I doubt I'll pack up all my gear to brew that day since I'm about two hours away, but if all is well I may be able to come by with a few homebrews.

I got a gift certificate for Austin Homebrew and am going to be putting in an order. I am going to order some pale chocolate malt for this beer (AFAIK you can't get it locally). If you would like me to, I can order more for anyone that wants to stick to the recipe, it calls for 6 oz in a 5 gallon batch. Let me know.

Back