How Big of a freezer do I need to get?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runnden

Reaction score
I want to build a keezer, but I don't know exactly how big of a freezer I need to get. I know that I want to be able to put 4 pin lock cornys in it. So I Was thinking I need to get at least a 6cuft. But I really have no idea. Any help would be great!

Primary: Autumn Amber Ale
Secondary: Liberty Cream Ale
Keg1: Empty
Keg 2: Empty
Keg 3: Empty
Keg 4: Empty

I have a G.E. 7.0 cu ft. that allows me to fit 3 ball-lock kegs on the floor + 1 keg on the hump (4 kegs total) but I had to build a collar for the freezer in order to fit a keg on the hump. I'd recommend cutting some cardboard circles the same diameter as your kegs and take these freezer shopping with you so you can see how many will fit in each freezer before buying.

Good luck!

I have a G.E. 7.0 cu ft. that allows me to fit 3 ball-lock kegs on the floor + 1 keg on the hump (4 kegs total) but I had to build a collar for the freezer in order to fit a keg on the hump. I'd recommend cutting some cardboard circles the same diameter as your kegs and take these freezer shopping with you so you can see how many will fit in each freezer before buying.

Good luck!

I have the same freezer and you can fit 4 on the floor but it is tight.

I have the GE 7.0cuft and I can fit 4 ball lock kegs on the floor and the CO2 tank on the hump.

Back