What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Playing catch up.

Velvet rooster - not a fan of BIPAs, but decent.

The neighbor, a solid beer. Wish it was local.

Finishing with a bastard. A Dirty Bastard, that is. Yum.

It is local. It shows-up right on your doorstep. :D

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Been a while since I had this one, a bit on the boozy side, needs some age. I do have a two year old one in the cellar,;)

IMG_2813.jpg

Really tasty stuff. Tastes very much like a milk stout to me. To style? Prolly not. But delicious it is.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398736718.600851.jpg

This is a good beer, but by no means the best from them. Goes great since it's snowing. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398738244.544673.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So, I'm making a tepache...a rustic Mexican pineapple cider that gets a little beer mixed into it after the initial fermentation of the skins in water, raw sugar, cinnamon and cloves. I went to a local tienda to get the sugar and wound up with advice and a commercial bottle for comparison...woo hoo! The straight commercial stuff is non-alcoholic and a little too sweet, so I drank half of it and topped off with my American Wheat Citra Citrus. Still a tad sweet, but now we're talkin'! Mexican Shandy!

DSC04606.jpg

DSC04607.jpg

DSC04608.jpg

DSC04599.jpg

I am a hard sell, but I like this. 1825, Belgian Strong, by Greenbush brewery. Amazing! Just drank a gallon, and happy with every drop!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398745132.801067.jpg

GINGER'S BREWING
Chicago, Il

You just drank a gallon of Belgian strong ale?

First off that growler doesn't look like a gallon...it looks like a half a gallon.

But still, you just drank half a gallon of Belgian strong ale?

Deliciousness! I love tripel ales in general but for this being so light in color its very tasty!

1398747365424.jpg

Came home from work and killed a bomber of Stone IRS 2014 followed by a bomber of Lagunitas Cappuccino Stout while playing GTA Online with a few friends... now I'm smacked and already feeling the headache....

For the record...I know that is a half gallon in the photo. I had 2 growlers at the start of the day, and drank both of them. It took me all day to finish both growlers, and I finished strong!!!

GINGER'S BREWING
Chicago, Il

Back