SWMBO Concerned about my drinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkapottomous

Reaction score
So I promised I'd only have one homebrew a night from now on.

305487_10150856900970393_602095392_21361720_709525539_n.jpg

:mug:

I mean, dude is basically saying his wife controls him.. I guess that if fine, if that is what he wants, but seriously, wtf? plus, if he didn't want feedback, then why post?

Or should I not post my OPINION?

I mean, dude is basically saying his wife controls him.. I guess that if fine, if that is what he wants, but seriously, wtf? plus, if he didn't want feedback, then why post?

Or should I not post my OPINION?

he posted a little snippet of his life/relationship. maybe a joke, maybe not, but we don't get to pass judgment on his life based on this. if he's cool with where he's at, that's up to him.

and I posted my opinion.
but seriously, one brew a night? a wife shouldn't restrict freedoms. that isn't a life partner, she is controlling.

again, UNLESS he can't control himself.

if he's happy with it, i'm happy with it, especially when he's talking one 24 oz beer a night.

You know this is about the fifth time someone's posted this visual pun on here in the years I've been on here, and it's the first time folks have ever 1) Taken it seriously, and b) got bent out of shape and said he was whipped because of it.

In case you don't get it, he was making a joke about the size of his *ahem* "bottle."

And a hackneyed one at best.

;)

Jeez, people. This is the DRMM forum. If anybody wanted advice on relationships, they wouldn't do it here. No one is being "controlled". Lighten up!

I have the opposite idea for myself! I have a little tiny beer glass (like the kind they give you when you get a tap beer for 50cents) so it looks like I'm just sipping on a tiny glass. Since my kegerator is behind me, I just spin my chair for a very small refill. I think it's brilliant!

Damn keg must have a leak in it though. :drunk:

Since my kegerator is behind me, I just spin my chair for a very small refill. I think it's brilliant!
Brilliant till it's time to get out of the chair and your legs don't work so good. :drunk:

My method is similar except I walk across the room to the tap.
That way I can justify each sampler glass by the calories I burn getting it.

Does she have special wallet for your balls, or do they just get tossed in her purse along with her keys and cell phone? ;)

(See how I used a winky to indicate that this is a joke?)

FYI - If my wife told me I was drinking too much, I'd punch her in the face! ;)

I feel I should at least post and confirm that I was joking, considering the amount of controversy over such a stupid post.

Well three "small" glasses. Apparently "beer contains folic acid, vitamins, iron and calcium" Brilliant reporting that and the conclusion is beyond argument. So does this <http://www.citranatal.com/Product/Index.aspx> BTW

I'm not sure what I'm getting at actually, maybe that the article is slightly idiotic. No matter, I 'm printing it out and sending it to my mum!!

Heck I was researching Belgian farmhouse ales and the farm workers would get a ration of 4 to 5 liters of ale per day. Of course they were doing a lot of physical work but they managed just fine. One per day is paltry by comparison.

Tell her a full stomach helps offset alcohol absorption. She might met you have two beers and she might make you a sammy :D

you're swmbo needs to go to her mother's without you more often. Sorry if swmbo's mother is dead, but night now I am on pint 6 because she is not around...

Back