Sausage for Milwaukee folks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
I went to a party at a friends' place the other day and they had picked up a ton of sausages from a place in the old Polish neighborhood. To say this stuff was awesome is an understatement - Polish sausage, Hungarian sausage, and a bunch I can't remember - all spectacular.

Anyway, I found the place and picked up some more. For Milwaukee folks who don't know, (and I'm probably the only person who hadn't heard of this place) it's on Muskego just off of Lincoln. Called European Homemade Sausages, appropriately enough. Anyway, cheers!

Anyway, I found the place and picked up some more. For Milwaukee folks who don't know, (and I'm probably the only person who hadn't heard of this place) it's on Muskego just off of Lincoln. Called European Homemade Sausages, appropriately enough. Anyway, cheers!

Frank is a sausage GOD!! Highly recommend him. We almost lost him a couple years ago when he retired after being robbed and none of his kids wanted to take over the business BUT the people in the neighborhood bugged him so much while he was in retirement he figured he'd get more peace if he just reopened the shop. Best part of the story is he has a apprentice now so we'll be set for a LONG LONG time!

His hours or sort of weird outside of the holidays (IIRC only open Thursday - Saturday) but with his holiday hours it's a must go to place! (Mon - Sat 8-4)

http://www.eurosausage.com/Pages/default.aspx

I love the old dark wood, the old cooler, the faded Milwaukee Sentinel article on the wall ... I'll definitely be back.

> We almost lost him...

Yes, sausage recipes are hard to come by. He has my uncle's Slovenian sausage recipe.
If anyone is trying to duplicate this, I'd love to hear your results.

I get to Milwaukee about every 2-3 months. I have actually planned weekend activities around when I would be able to get to Frank's place. It is that good.

I'll definitely make the pilgrimage from Madison. I'm always on the lookout for good Old World sausage, without having to travel to the Polish butchers in Chicago.

I'll definitely make the pilgrimage from Madison. I'm always on the lookout for good Old World sausage, without having to travel to the Polish butchers in Chicago.

When you're there, head up Oklahoma Ave to 54th and grab a few sixers of some good beers, too!

I just stopped in. I was blown away by how cheap everything is. 4.50 / lb or something stupid for polish. You can't get chicken for under $5/lb. I rang up what I thought was a ****load of sausage and it was like 35 bucks. Incredible.

Oh, cash/check only though.

Pumbaa said:
dont go that far... 5031 West Oklahoma Avenue is where I think you meant to send them :rockin:
(54th is a church)

Yes, you are correct!

Haha! So I had my giant bag of meat in the fridge here (cause its actually pretty warm here today). And someone just opened the fridge door. Oh sweet smell of sausage....

Well I'll get to step through those doors sooner than I thought. I'm getting pulled back from China early to cuts costs, so I'll be back stateside in early summer. Sausages are something I've craved while in China, so this will help fill that void.

Well I'll get to step through those doors sooner than I thought. I'm getting pulled back from China early to cuts costs, so I'll be back stateside in early summer. Sausages are something I've craved while in China, so this will help fill that void.

I rarely get to Milwaukee anymore, only maybe once a year, but the sausage and beer is awesome!

Quaker said:

You don't work for p&h do you?

2 words - Polish delights
5 more words - He opened 40 minutes ago (at time of posting)
:ban:

Made it there this morning. Bought some fresh Hungarian, Slovenian, and hot Italian sausages. Was like stepping back in time walking through those doors. Makes a young guy curious what this town used to be like back in its hey day.

Quaker said:
Made it there this morning. Bought some fresh Hungarian, Slovenian, and hot Italian sausages. Was like stepping back in time walking through those doors. Makes a young guy curious what this town used to be like back in its hey day.

Imagine north ave being the best side of town. Trolley cars, red light district. Fascinating city for sure.

Back