• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: stainless 12" domed false bottom [NJ/NYC]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twobrain

Reaction score
$30 pick up or $35 shipped. like new, ive never used it before. picked up a few things from someone else here and he included the false bottom.

4UIc0.jpg

DpGUe.jpg

Is there usually a dip tube underneath those? I'm in the process of building a cooler MLT and am considering false bottom vs screen.

Are there dents and dimples around the edges or is it just the way the flash is hitting the metal? I looks like it in the first pic.

i didnt notice any real dents. it looked new and shiney

you probably need a diptube under it, i think th eelbow is just for stability? not sure. i use a copper manifold in a cooler

The elbow is to connect to the cooler valve, but Ive never seen the underside of one. Can anyone else chime in who has one? Is it supposed to be like that underneath or is there supposed to be a dip tube in it to get all the wort out of the mash tun?

If there's no dents and dimples around the edge and it's not supposed to have a dip tube then I'm definitely interested.

Back