Graduation party beer suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5kw3r1

Reaction score
I was just commissioned to brew 4-6 batches of homebrew for a friends graduation/neighborhood party for late June early July.

I live 5 miles from the Potosi Brewing Co. And was told we would have 2 half barrels of their great beer along side the homebrew.

My question relates to any suggestions from my fellow online brew friends as to what styles or recipes you would recommend to approximately 200 average beer drinkers with several craft beer enthusiasts?

So far I am considering:
IPA (thinking Citra, very fruity)
Belgian Wit (classic Hoegaarden)
Hefeweizen (as close to Haacker Pschorr)
Chocolate stout
Pilsner (might not have enough time to lager)
And Sprecher root beer for the kids and non drinkers, or anyone else because it's damn good!

I am open to suggestions from others that have had to brew for large groups of varying tastes.

Thank you

Cheers!

~Phil

if time is an issue Instead of the Pilsner I would do an English Pale. And I would do either the Wit or the Hefe not both I would probably do the Wit just because I like to educate people on beer styles they may not have ever tried. An Amber Ale like from Alaskan Brewing company would be nice too. I know a lot of "average beer drinkers" that love Ambers. If you want to go a bit further out there a Biere de Garde tends to go over well with the casual beer drinker as well.

if i were brewing that many batches, i would definitely try to get a good aray of brews.

I would probably have a kolsch (for the BMC crowd), Pale ale, Stout and the root beer. If i was going for 6 I personally would also add the Wit and the Hefe

Back