Brewing Today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I need to brew a SW IPA clone. Got the recipe?
I'm brewing a Bama IPA sort of a mix of LHBS recipe & my tweaks......
I'll be enjoying a nice Irish Stout & SW 420 Clone.

I have an Ahtanum/Amarillo APA going on right now (about to do the first batch sparge) and going to crack into a nice bomber of Arrogant Bastard to drink.

brewagentjay, I got this clone recipe from Aubie Stout on HBT. It's VERY good. Good luck with it.

10.5 lbs two row
1.0 lbs munich
.50 lbs crystal 80
.50 lbs wheat malt

70% eff. OG: 1.063.

.50 oz Simcoe 11.9 @ 60min
.50 oz Simcoe 11.9 @ FWH
""" @ 30min
""" @ 15min
""" @ 10min
1.50 oz Simcoe Dry Hop
IBU's: 64

sp1365 Sounds awsome! Good luck with that one. Recipe?

Brew in the fermenter and everything cleaned up. My efficiency numbers were not as good as I've been getting (Brewhouse 67.54%, Efficiency into boiler 72.98%, and Efficiency into fermenter 6140%). I'm still not sure of the difference between the three, but I have been getting into the 70's at least. Overall, however, a good brew day! Hope everyone elses day went well.

Was scheduled to brew a czech pils....Had to work on my %&*%@#$ truck instead...Brew day is moved to tomorrow...Good thing my yeast starter is lagging...

brewagentjay, I got this clone recipe from Aubie Stout on HBT. It's VERY good. Good luck with it.

10.5 lbs two row
1.0 lbs munich
.50 lbs crystal 80
.50 lbs wheat malt

70% eff. OG: 1.063.

.50 oz Simcoe 11.9 @ 60min
.50 oz Simcoe 11.9 @ FWH
""" @ 30min
""" @ 15min
""" @ 10min
1.50 oz Simcoe Dry Hop
IBU's: 64

sp1365 Sounds awsome! Good luck with that one. Recipe?

Sounds tasty..very...I just ordered a pound of Simcoe...I must try this recipe...hopefully more than once..

Got my first all grain brew in the fermenter last night. The mash and sparge went exactly to plan, and i hit all the numbers! Very happy! I did a Left Hand Milk Stout Clone, the OG is 1.062. Can't wait for the next 6 weeks or so to pass to try it out!

Mashed in a 10g batch of American Lager (someday I'm going to make a really good one) a few minutes ago. First time making water adjustments. Hit the strike perfect and the PH is 5.4. So far so good.

Back