Style by ingredient recipe generator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhlyanPan

Reaction score
So I was downstairs looking through my grain storage bin today and thinking to myself...."self, what can you make with this random collection of grains?" So obviously I came upstairs and went to the homebrew wiki page about each of those grains and found out what styles they're typically used in.

During this process I also thought to myself..."self, wouldn't it be cool if there were some sort of page where you could pick what grains you have and it tells you what you could make with that combination of grains for you?"

So how about it? I know I've seen pages that tell you what sorts of mixed drinks you can make out of certain combinations of liquors and some that tell you about recipes you could cook with certain ingredients. But has anyone ever seen one that tells you what beers you could make with certain ingredients?

Kind of... some brewing software like the free Strangebrew Java will tell you what styles are closest to the recipe you entered - enter what you've got, see what ballpark you are in, and refine from there. Or say "screw the styles" and get creative.

Back