Why Us Corvette guys get a bad rap...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2841430649_2c8653c553.jpg

I had a 2000 Vette and believe the 99 was rated at he same 345HP. The Vette's curb weight is only 700lbs more then the TSI AWD. Still calling BS simply because you said that you "blew away corvetteS" with an S

Agreed. The TSI is a capable car with proper mods. The stock internals can handle boost well into the 300+ HP range, and the AWD makes for a killer launch. But unless your car had the mods to get it to that range, I have a hard time believing your story. Auto C5s were good for mid to low 13's stock.

Awesome- Nothing I destest more than someone putting a Chevy in a BOP.

I had a 406 in my Poncho. Love those motors.

it was really hard not to keep the rocket in there. cause of the low miles but also well, cause it's the gold rocket ya feel me ! we just took it out and repainted and did a little jazzin up....... he he he he;)

Very nice looking car, but the rims/tires do nothing for me. But to each their own.........

i guess the air bags and suspension work wouldn't do anything for you either... but i tell you what. talk about make that SOB handle 150 times better !!!!!!! thats a heavy MOFO !

Cool- I almost got a 62 Catalina with a 428SD motor. But that fell through.

Nice !!!!! i love rare cars ! thats why i did the olds ! no one does it !! it's all vettes, camaro's, and mustangs. don't get me wrong i love em all... well all except a Fakin Turd Vette !!!!!:rockin:

l_a159f332ecedbff097f7a0ed726be1b8.jpg

My sleeper. Totally stock looking outside, totally not stock inside. 350, 10:1 compression, 286 adv. deg. cam with .480 lift, full roller valve train, Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads (2.02/ 1.60), Accel HEI, Edelbrock Performer RPM & Performer 750 Carb, TCI StreetFighter Trans, B&M Super Holeshot Convertor, 12-bolt rear. Rated at 380 HP (crank).

l_9fa841545c7d600211ced7a24374314e.jpg

My 1970. Take all of the above, but substitute 11.5:1 compression, forged rotating assembly, 305 cam w/ .525 lift Camel Hump heads ported and polished, and a Vertex Mag. Rated at 495 HP (crank)

The only thing these cars picked up were tickets and idiots in imports looking to be embarassed.

l_ef7cab9027d27faabe7642803c8181bf.jpg

1976 Corvette Stingray. Bone stock except for Edelbrock intake & carb. Could have easily been spanked by a 93 Eagle Talon TSI, but pulled more than its share of college trim. It seems like it doesn't matter what year the Vette, girls like 'em. It was definitely fun to drive even if it was slow.

Corvettes are highly over-rated shiny pretty things, just like Harleys. I'm no expert, that is just the opinion of anyone non American that I've known when the whole motor conversation comes up.....

The difference between the two is that the Vette can accelerate, decelerate, and turn. And the Vette pilot generally wears more protective gear.

Both HD and Vette attract *****ebaggery.

The difference between the two is that the Vette can accelerate, decelerate, and turn. And the Vette pilot generally wears more protective gear.

Both HD and Vette attract *****ebaggery.

Grow up will ya. Ya a HD may not keep up with a Ducati Monster but it wasnt made too.

Well being from the Milwaukee area and just coming off the 105th I didn't and don't see much "*****ebaggery" as you say.

I find that people criticize things they either don't understand or can't have....sad
correct

I've only read the OP... I'm not sure how I'd feel about myself if I thought that the guy in the CL post had any bearing on what people thought of me. Just sayin'.

I don't really like corvettes (2 seater), but the front-end is extremely nice. It's similar to the Pontiac Firebird, which I do like. The innards of one Firebird were essentially the same as a Corvette C4 one year too.

A 1989 Pontiac Firebird would rock......

800px-KITT1.jpg

C4 Corvette:

800px-DSCF2897_c4_corvette_lg.jpg

Sunday, my lovely bride asked me what car I'd drive if we won the lottery. She asked this as I climbed into her Chevy diesel dually. No doubt, she's making up for a having diminished genitalia. I can vouch for that. My answer was a 1955 1st series Chevy pickup.
I don't want to impress anyone else. I used to have an old Chevy, and I dug driving it. Chicks were not into my truck, but I was. No races were won with the old straight 6, 235 CID motor. It had a three speed on the column. Not very cool, I know, but I dug it.
Poeple are attracted to different cars for different reasons. If you like 'vettes, go for it! I once saw a '58 'vette at a car show that needed paint. I would've given my left nut for it. It was beautiful! Fine piece of machinery.
There's an old cat in my area that has a '56 Corvette. He's like 70 years old. I don't fault him. He's just an old car lover. The problem comes from the 40-50 year old guys riding in the red Corvette convertible with the 20-30 year old woman. Those guys make us all look like asses.
Corvette owners, police yourselves!

BTW- My current classic ride is a '54 Farmall Super A. Eat your hearts out, bitches!:rockin:

Obviously, based on my previous post, I'm not much of a "car guy". But that wasn't always the case. In my current life, I pretty much see them as a way of getting around. As long as they're economical, mechanically reliable, look respectable, and have the few little features I like, I'm happy.

But why has no one mentioned Mustangs!? (At least I don't think anyone's mentioned them.) My first car (bought in 1992) was a '67 Mustang with a V-8/289. I rebuilt it from the wheels up. Made everything like it was from the factory. The car was dark blue (obviously repainted) when I bought it and when I went to get a new paint job, I told the painter to paint it whatever color the code was on the door (this was pre-internet). I had no idea what color the car was going to be. I ended up with that old sky-blue Ford color! Sorry, no pictures... they're the old-timey type before the days of digital cameras and my scanner is no more. Those were the days... when gas was like 87 cents a gallon.

But alas, I had to sell it for a more practical car for college. Ah well...

Back