cranberry ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeekysheep

Reaction score
i just popped the top on my cranberry ale that i have been aging for 3 months. had to tell some buddy it was amazing. worth the wait

I'd like to see the recipe as well. A few of my friends have been pressuring me to make some kind of cranberry beer.

Hey, I brewed a cranberry ale, "Bogged Down Blondie" five and a half weeks ago. I have tried a few bottles, very good, very dry, almost like a dry wine.

I used 4 lbs of crushed cranberries, threw them in after the wort had chilled to 170, and kept them in there until secondary. I am excited that it is mellowing out as much as it is, even more exited that yours came out so well!!!

SEP

Hey, I brewed a cranberry ale, "Bogged Down Blondie" five and a half weeks ago. I have tried a few bottles, very good, very dry, almost like a dry wine.

I used 4 lbs of crushed cranberries, threw them in after the wort had chilled to 170, and kept them in there until secondary. I am excited that it is mellowing out as much as it is, even more exited that yours came out so well!!!

SEP

Hmmm, I may try tossing them in when the wort chilled as I can get a hydro reading on them. I threw mine in after I pitched the yeast and it really f'd up my FG, came out way too high. But I think adding the unfermentable sugars after my OG reading may be the issue.

Back