Guiness surger for homebrew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy16

Reaction score
Has anyone looked into using the guiness surger for homebrew? I feel like if i carbed a beer to the correct level and then poured it slowly the result would have to be the same. The 40 bucks the surger would cost is a huge difference than getting a new tank reg and stout faucet. Just saw this thing for the first time tonight so could be wrong, just looking for input.
Thanks!

I've never heard of this, but I am assuming the intent is to give the same effect as nitro in a bottle conditioned beer? I think it would be interesting to give it a shot. If no one else wants to, I'll be the guinea pig.

EDIT: Also, link?

If there is anyone in the UK able to do it that would look like the best bet price wise. Wouldn't want to have someone ship it over and find out it doesn't work.

So I saw a video of a homebrewer using it on the BN forum. Looks promising, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. Since I can get one for 60 bucks shipped on eBay.

Back