rig ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rowdy

Reaction score
i am moving from indoors to out and from extract/PM to AG.
i have 2 60 qt stainless pots, one 5 gallon beverage cooler, and one turkey fryer burner. what to do? what type of system to build? thinking the cooler as HLT one kettle as MLT and the other as Boil kettle. what would you do with this equipment list?

i am making 5 now however with the 60 qt kettles i am available to make 10 also..

If you're going to make 10 gal. batches, the 5 gal cooler is too small for a HLT. I have an 8 gal. HLT and it's just barely big enough.

i just added to the equipment list an igloo 48qt ice cube and what i believe might be an 80 quart or more stainless kettle.
:ban:

i just added to the equipment list an igloo 48qt ice cube and what i believe might be an 80 quart or more stainless kettle.
:ban:
IMG_20180311_163342.jpg
yes it is great

Edit: I just read the post vs the title, and realized I was of of no help with my below info... But I guess you can use the pots for HLT and BK, don't direct fire the MT and use the cooler, add a burner and get a couple pumps and have something close!

I built mine from scratch using uni-strut from a large home store and hardware from a well known online industrial supply company. The Pumps and misc tubing came from brew shops. And stainless valves/fittings came from a bargain fitting website...

Haven't totaled the cost but im guessing around $800. For me, it works great, and building it allowed me to make it exactly how i wanted. So far, 5-6 batches and all came out great!
IMG_20190106_173848_560.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back