RR + SN Brux

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowtones84

Reaction score
Just picked up a bottle of a Russian River and Sierra Nevada collaboration called Brux: Domesticated Wild Ale. Seeing as I can't get any -actual- RR products in my area, I couldn't resist. Has anyone had it? If so, what were your thoughts?

Thanks! :mug:

I've picked up 2 bottles for the same reason. I plan on trying one young and let the other one age a little to see how the Brett B changes the beer. From what I understand the recipe was developed at Russian River and brewed at Sierra Nevada, the beer is bottle conditioned with the Brett. Have you tried yours yet?

It would be interesting to try it after aging it. I tried it, and it was too young to get much out of the experience.

Out here in California, where both breweries are, I haven't seen it. Typical of SN though. It seems the rest of the country gets their beers before we do.

Yeah I tried it, it was pretty tasty in my opinion. I agree that some age would help it out, but even at this stage it was pretty good. The Brett character reminded me a bit of Orval just more up front. The alcohol percentage is up there too, which does come through but not too much.

Just had a bottle tonight. I liked it a lot. I am fairly new to sour beers so I can't really judge just how good it is, but I will be buying a couple more bottles to age a few years.

I wouldn't age it. It's drinkable right now. Enjoy it. It's fruity and sweet with a small bit of tart. I don't think the beer is too young to be consumed. Overall it's a nice beer, no reason to cellar it. Aging the beer would require good storage. There is no telling how well the beer was handled during transport.

I live in CA so I know the beer had a short travel time. To other people interested in the beer I would consume it now. There is no telling what the cork might do on long trips coast to coast. Good luck, it's a nice one.

Tried it last night at a friends. Was pretty good, definitely young. Has a lot of funk that overpowered any other flavors that might be there. I have a bottle in my beer fridge that I am going to let age for a while and see what changes.

I actually found my bottle at Costco. And just saw it at Whole Foods today. Though I do live in the same town as RRBC.

Calder said:
It is not going to do much aging in the fridge.

Gonna pull it out, didn't know I was gonna be able to try someone else's bottle and was planning on drinking this one.

I wouldn't age it. It's drinkable right now. Enjoy it. It's fruity and sweet with a small bit of tart. I don't think the beer is too young to be consumed. Overall it's a nice beer, no reason to cellar it. Aging the beer would require good storage..

I would, it is good now but should improve with age, hell they recommend it on the label.

Having one right now. I but high on the carbonation levels for my taste. Interesting aroma. Nice and fruity... will post some more tasting notes in a bit.

Q

Back