Does BeerSmith 2.0 fix grams/liter issue?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hokieengr

Reaction score
In BS 1.x, if you selected grain mass units to be grams and liquid measurements to be liters, the brew sheet would tell you to add 0.00L of strike water to your mash tun. This is because the mash ratio was very small (liters per gram of grain) and it must have internally rounded to zero. Thus when it multiplies this ratio by the grain mass to get the strike water volume, it computes 0.00L.

Can anyone confirm this to be fixed in BS 2.0, I.e. load a recipe, change units to liters and grams for mash parameters, and preview the brew sheet. If strike water is non zero, then I shall buy BS 2.0...

Thanks.

In BS 1.x, if you selected grain mass units to be grams and liquid measurements to be liters, the brew sheet would tell you to add 0.00L of strike water to your mash tun. This is because the mash ratio was very small (liters per gram of grain) and it must have internally rounded to zero. Thus when it multiplies this ratio by the grain mass to get the strike water volume, it computes 0.00L.

Can anyone confirm this to be fixed in BS 2.0, I.e. load a recipe, change units to liters and grams for mash parameters, and preview the brew sheet. If strike water is non zero, then I shall buy BS 2.0...

Thanks.

Why don't you just download the FREE 21 day trial and try it... and run it through all of the paces.

Where can I get the trial? Whenever I go to their site all I see is the "Purchase Now" button.

http://www.beersmith.com On the main page, to the right, you will see a red box that says "Download Beersmith Free 21 Day Trial" There is also a picture of a couple guys with thier pint glasses in the same box. Below that box is the "Purchase Beersmith 2" box. Alternatively you could click on the Download Button (has a box with an arrow on it) which is in the upper left side of the main page. Or click on the Download Here link which is in the sentence in that is in big bold red letters that says: 17 Oct 2011 – A New BeerSmith 2 Update (Build 46) is Available! – Download Here

After clicking on the box, it will take you to the downloads page. Scroll down to you see "Windows Download Here." Click on Server 1 or Server 2. If you have a mac, just scroll a little further down.

That will download the full program and it will let you use it for 21 days. After that you will need an activation key. If you purchase the program, you will get the activation key and you will just have to type it into the software.

Back