Please help me support the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peterbronski

Reaction score
Hey Gluten-Free Brewers,

In late September I'm racing in the Virgil Crest Ultra in upstate New York. It's an ultra-distance trail running race that covers 50 miles and climbs a cumulative 10,000 vertical feet. (Roughly the equivalent of running back-to-back offroad marathons while climbing to the top of the Empire State Building 8.5 times.) I'm doing the race as a fundraiser for the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness.

Unlike some of you gents, who brew GF for your wives or girlfriends (I commend each and every one of you for supporting your other half!), I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in 2007. On a gluten-free diet, I'm perfectly healthy. But millions of Americans are undiagnosed, and as such, face serious and potentially fatal health consequences as a result. That's where the NFCA comes in.

Please check out my fundraising page:

http://www.firstgiving.com/peterbronski

And consider making a donation. Thanks for your support!

Cheers,
Pete

You deserve a beer after that, well, probably not right after. Least I can do is toss some money into your fund. ;)

Good luck buddy! :mug:

My wife and I will be making a donation today. Tha't an amazing race...crazy, but amazing. I've run for years (2-3 miles a day) to keep in shape and my wife just really got into running, so we're going to run our first 5k together in two weeks. We think that we'll run a half marathon eventually and Maybe...MAYBE someday a marathon; but 50 miles?!?!? that's incredible.

Good luck to you my friend and thanks for putting up the link. :mug:

Thanks again for all your support! I sincerely appreciate it.

Yeah, 50 miles is a little insane. I've been training hard for 3 months now, and have about 7 weeks left before I taper for the big race on Sep 25.

For anyone that might be interested, I post a weekly GF nutrition and endurance training update each Monday on my blog: http://noglutennoproblem.blogspot.com

As far as brewing goes, I have a GF saison in secondary right now. It should be ready to bottle in a week or two, and drinkable shortly before the race...just in time to celebrate!

Cheers, Pete

As far as brewing goes, I have a GF saison in secondary right now. It should be ready to bottle in a week or two, and drinkable shortly before the race...just in time to celebrate!

Cheers, Pete

Good timing. A saison would be about perfect for that occasion.

Jaimi's family figured out about your idea, so you might have a bit more coming from out here. :mug:

Back