Fermentation issue

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MastahMan

Reaction score
hey y'all..

just a brief question, brewed a batch of pilsener and left it fermenting for a week at 11-12°c (perfect for my yeast), didn't see much activity except for a night in which it seems there was intense activity that i noticed the morning after when i saw the airlock had lost a considerable amount of water and there was a lot of pressure excerted in it.

my question is the following.. could i consider this a sucessful fermentation and move on to the next step? since i haven't seen anymore activity in the last 2 days.

then again thx to whomever takes the time to read this :mug::mug::mug:

greets

hey, thx for the reply, i had read this, i just have a basic fermentation question... since i have heard and read many different things and didn't have it clear.

then again as revvy said i don't want to open my fermenter for this issue, since i don't want oxygen to pop in, so for now i feel confident, just wanted to check... a simple question :)

take care mate and thx again for your reply

It really does take more oxygen then you'd think to ruin or oxidize yer beer. If you keep it still and don't splash it around, you really won't get any. Don't be afraid to test :D

Back