Three Hearted Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder

Reaction score
I have had my three hearted ale in the ferenter now all of four weeks.Sould i leave in in to finish a couple more weeks or bottle it today?
just looking for different opinions thanks in advance!

Are your hydrometer readings telling you it's done fermenting? If so bottle away! 4 weeks should be plenty of time.

Are your hydrometer readings telling you it's done fermenting? If so bottle away! 4 weeks should be plenty of time.

my fg is 1.025 i thought though to leave it another week so the yeasties can
clean up.

That seems a bit high to me, what are your temps at? How much yeast did you pitch? What was your OG?

I just bottled the NB extract kit 2 weeks ago. My OG was .069 (did't top off all the way to 5 gal) and finished at .017 with US-05 and 25 days in the fermentor at 66* actual beer temp.

I just bottled the NB extract kit 2 weeks ago. My OG was .069 (did't top off all the way to 5 gal) and finished at .017 with US-05 and 25 days in the fermentor at 66* actual beer temp.

I will bottle it today.Mine was a all grain recipe from nb

I will bottle it today.Mine was a all grain recipe from nb

Good luck, mine already tastes great! :mug:

I only tried 1 bottle so far and I am stuck in Germany for the next couple of weeks and won't be able to have another but I brought a different case of homebrew and some Belgians with me so I am set.

Good luck, mine already tastes great! :mug:

I only tried 1 bottle so far and I am stuck in Germany for the next couple of weeks and won't be able to have another but I brought a different case of homebrew and some Belgians with me so I am set.

keith maybe you being stuck is a good thing.Two more weeks your ale
will age!:mug:

Back