Your favorite brewing tunes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pretty mixed bag playlist I use on brew/bottling days. It ranges from Slayer and Slipknot to BB King and back again, but it is probably on the heavier side of metal and hardcore. And its always blasting loud!

I usually brew on Saturday mornings. Our local college station plays surf/rockabilly music from 6-9, really good blues from 9-12, and old school funk/80s rap and R&B from noon to 3. That fits the bill for me.

I put on Pandora to any number of stations, most popular listed below:

Blockhead
EL-p
Method Man
DJ Shadow
Cut Chemist
Wu-Tang
EPMD

Lot of hip hop and turntablism...pretty much all I listen to anymore.

Anything from MC Frontalot to post-rock to the Rat Pack to metal. Really depends on what mood I'm in and what I'm brewing.

I found an internet radio station called "Punk Radio" out of Germany, plays a good variety and a lot of the music and all the talk is in German. A punk cover of Another Brick in the Wall, in German, is pretty sweet.

Gustav Holst's "The Planets"
Saturn during mash/steep. Jupiter during the boil :)

Also the Bach Suites for unaccompanied cello.
Some Liszt or Elgar works nice too

tonyp063 said:
Gustav Holst's "The Planets"
Saturn during mash/steep. Jupiter during the boil :)

Also the Bach Suites for unaccompanied cello.
Some Liszt or Elgar works nice too

No Mars? Pffffft.

I love total silence, or as close to it as possible. No music, just sitting on the deck with a beer in hand, and the dog laying by my side. I love my brew days to be as peaceful as possible...with the exception of the alarm telling me it's time for the next hop addition. Put me in the car, and it's 70's/80's punk.

It started off as kind of a joke, but I have a few albums of traditional Oktoberfest Biergarten tunes... I have to say, it keeps me jolly through the boil, don't knock it until you try it!

Kind of a brewing podcast guy myself. Usually listening to something off of brewing network or one of the other good podcasts out there. If music, then it is blues/classic rock.

I also do the punk/ska/rockabilly/psychobilly music for brewdays.

Pandora stations:
The Impossibles
Big D and the Kids Table
Koffin Kats
Rancid

I've brewed with Peter Kernel's "How to Perform a Funeral" on repeat multiple times. I'm odd though, can only listen to certain types of albums while doing certain types of work.

Back