1st Cider Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ram6519

Reaction score
The first pic is when I got everything mixed up and put together, the second is after about 36 hrs and the 3rd is after 3 days. It is basically 2 gallons of Motts Apple juice,a tube of Sweet Mead Wine yeast, 1 pound of Corn sugar, 2 tsp of Yeast Nutrient, and some acid blend. The temp in the room it is in varies between 65 to 70 deg. The air lock is bubbling away and smells really good. I do plan on back sweeting if it is too dry. I did notice today's looks almost like a caramel color. Hopefully it will come out fine for a first try.

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

Well actually with this being my first try I didn't want to take a chance and mess up a full 5 gal of Apple Cider so I went with a smaller amount of 2 gal. I hope that much headspace won't make a difference in how it turns out. The Cider has turned almost orange but the air lock is still bubbling alot. If this batch turns out well then I will get a 6 gal carboy for fermentation and use this 5 gal as my back up.

Latest posts

Back