Spur ride beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sapperaviator

Reaction score
So I am in the US Cavalry, more specifically our horses are armed helicopters. We have a spur ride coming up in about 5 weeks. So what's a spur ride you ask. Generally speaking we take spur maggots I. E. guys in the unit who don't have spurs yet out to the field and mess with them for a few days, teaching them about their units history and recreating some heroism. For example if a throw a raw egg on the ground and yell grenade someone better jump on it in remembrance of private first class Garfield who did it in Vietnam. Anyway long story short I want to make an extract beer to drink on this special occasion. I know with the wealth of experience on this site I will get the perfect style and perfect recipe to commence rate the occasion. The beer will be drank on 29 November at fort Campbell, ky just to give you the climatology of the occasion most likely 40ish degrees and damp. Thank you all in advance for the suggestions.

Brown Ale. Anything heavier than that will probably take too long to condition. Depending on what the other guys drink, you might just want to do something light and easy drinking.

Back