*Caution* Beer Is Evil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was doing some research on alcohol regulations and came across some journal articles from pre-prohibition talking about beer. Basically, they explain all of society's ills -- and war -- on beer and liquor. Pure hilarity.

ya well if you look close enough at anything you can put a bad spin on it. like the fact that the anti tobacco people in canada say smoking costs 3 billion dollars a year for health care but dont mention the 9 billion they put into the same pocket. Also people talk about the dangers of marijuana and yet the number of OD deaths last year were...0. It is just stupid propaganda and looking at some of the strong responses on here it had its effect.

WARNING: There is a horrible thing that has killed billions of people and destroyed countless societies.

It continues to erode mountains and alter the very face of the planet.

What is it?

TIME.

(Avoid it at all costs;))

WARNING: There is a horrible thing that has killed billions of people and destroyed countless societies.

It continues to erode mountains and alter the very face of the planet.

What is it?

TIME.
Avoid it at all costs.

Dammit, it's right there on my computer monitor.

And again on my cell phone! Time is everywhere! I can't escape!

And I do believe that good ol' Marty threw himself a kegger when he got thrown out of the Catholic Church! :mug:

And I think you may be correct.

This entire thread is silly, and a huge waste of time. Sometimes, I wonder if people actually READ what they write/hear what they say. Yesterday, I saw a hand-painted sign at a garden shop, advertising: "LIVE HUMMINGBIRD FEEDERS." My mind asked these questions: What does one feed a LIVE hummingbird? What, then, does one feed a DEAD hummingbird? Why is the feeder considered LIVE? Mindless, kinda like the much earlier post attempting to prove that those of us who drink beer are all comdemned to hell. And I KNOW what those folk have to say about my tattoos!

glenn514:mug:

...And I KNOW what those folk have to say about my tattoos!

I have large tats on my fore arms, nothing offensive a sun on 1 and a moon on the other, they need some touch up work but whatever at this point...

Once, years ago, I had a little old grumpy man walk up to me and say,"You are going to hell because you have tattoos.". I being me replied,"You believe that your body is gods temple, right?". He puffed his chest up at me and replied,"Yes, I do!" Now having positioned him exactly where I wanted him, fired both barrels back and replied,"Well sir, My temple has stained glass windows." It was like I ***** slapped him. He left me a $20.00 tip for a $13.00 pizza.

:rockin:

I have large tats on my fore arms, nothing offensive a sun on 1 and a moon on the other, they need some touch up work but whatever at this point...

Once, years ago, I had a little old grumpy man walk up to me and say,"You are going to hell because you have tattoos.". I being me replied,"You believe that your body is gods temple, right?". He puffed his chest up at me and replied,"Yes, I do!" Now having positioned him exactly where I wanted him, fired both barrels back and replied,"Well sir, My temple has stained glass windows." It was like I ***** slapped him. He left me a $20.00 tip for a $13.00 pizza.

:rockin:

That's pretty good.

:D

And Jesus too. He loved wine. Total party guy. Rolls into a party, "What, all you have is water?!? Wine, bitches!"

I'm sure he would approve of wort into beer for us mere mortals.

:mug: That made me laugh out loud. This is going in for one of my quotes.

I feel as if it's my duty to pass on information, so i have a message to all you non-smokers and non-drinkers, this is for you and you only...non-smokers and non-drinkers die everyday...thank you and have a good day! :ban:

This is what happens when one sleeps through Freshman Chemistry and doesn't take Introduction to Logic.

The piece must be very old, brewers haven't put Cobalt in Beer for over 50 years.

Didn't Paul write to Timothy advising him to have a little wine as it was good for the stomach?

My daughter and her boyfriend are coming over for a Father's Day Brewing Session. It is a new family tradition.

And I do believe that good ol' Marty threw himself a kegger when he got thrown out of the Catholic Church! :mug:

Lutheran here also. My pastor drinks beer, I better tell him what peril he is in.

Don't you think keggers were called "barrellers" back then?

Back