ultimate bottlebomb protection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blast resistant and explosion proof dont mean the same thing here. explosion proof means that the fridge isolates any electrical sparks so they dont cause explosions if flammable material is near by.

blast resistant and explosion proof dont mean the same thing here. explosion proof means that the fridge isolates any electrical sparks so they dont cause explosions if flammable material is near by.

OK- I see now. So it isn't exactly bullet-proof, it just won't cause an explosion with sparks.

"intrinsincally safe" is what we called it when I was in the nuclear weapons business

Wow, not something you read everyday ;)
I alway thought intrinsincally safe was were any one failure would not cause a hazardous situation and would be detected/alarm, but yeah "explosion-proof" is pretty ambiguos (sp?)

EDIT: should use google first! I was thinking inherantly safe! Passedpawn was right, proves once again that you don't mess with the guy with the nuclear weapons :D!

Way to ruin the party, bro!;) We could have had fun with this!

Bottle bombs aren't really a concern once they're in the fridge anyways :)

Way to ruin the party, bro!;) We could have had fun with this!

Just my thoughts, exactly ! For a mere $7K, you can have an explosion-proof fridge...

Better check my NON-explosion-proof one now for sparks...you never know !

Just my thoughts, exactly ! For a mere $7K, you can have an explosion-proof fridge...

Better check my NON-explosion-proof one now for sparks...you never know !

Hey, it has merit still! IF you have bottlebombs go off in the fridge, they won't cause an electrical fire and burn your house down!

Germelli1 said:
Hey, it has merit still! IF you have bottlebombs go off in the fridge, they won't cause an electrical fire and burn your house down!

Why would a bottle bomb go off in the fridge?

Why would a bottle bomb go off in the fridge?

buzz_killington_191x300_So_troll-s191x300-152037-535.jpg

Since you are determined to suck the fun out of this thread, take a look at this:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/explosion-fridge-257756/

**** happens

Any fridge can stand a missile attack - heck, they can withstand nukes. If Indiana Jones taught me anything, it's that.

A little cheaper just to put in a some big rubbermaid tubs to condition,and pull em to the fridge when inspired to drink them.

Finally, an end to all of the exploding fridges around the neighborhood. Now if someone can do something about my toilet this morning that would great.

Back