Beer in Prague, Vienna, Budapest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My coworker owns Csak a Jó Sör in Budapest. It's the best place in town to grab a beer. Check it out!

I'll second this place. Mostly a bottle shop you can drink in, plus some taps. Sure to bump into fellow beer fans in the cozy place. I muled a treat of Pliny, Zombie Dust, Headhunter, and several other American IPAs to the owner last winter for his enjoyment.

Haha. I love her right now, but I'm not sure how I'll feel in the morning. I can say she's much better than the zwack unicum I met in Budapest :)

Fun night! I'm loving this place. I'll write a mini report when I return.

Come on sir, you can do a LOOOOOOOT better than that. Aside from the Becher, which is a quality choice and even better if you leave it in the freezer for a few hours the beers are the Czech equivalent of of Bud, Coors and Blue Ribbon. They may seem different but they aint good.

Come on sir, you can do a LOOOOOOOT better than that. Aside from the Becher, which is a quality choice and even better if you leave it in the freezer for a few hours the beers are the Czech equivalent of of Bud, Coors and Blue Ribbon. They may seem different but they aint good.

haha, I was challenged by a coworker (who's been to Prague 3 times) to try 20+ beers in the 3 nights that I'm here. Those are the cheapies that I picked up just to boost my count. Some of them were like 30 cents USD.

Btw, I did go to Nota Bene tonight, thanks to your suggestion. Their Valasek Vsetin NZ IPA was terrific. I also had a bean soup that was incredible. Unfortunately, I forgot about the craft pub in the basement and skipped it. Maybe I'll head there tomorrow night.

I gotta say, Budvar fresh in Prague (and for less than a Euro!) is one of my fondest beer memories. Fresh, bready, and crisp. Had a difficult time finding it vs Pilsner Urquell (it was everywhere!) 10 years ago, and the American import "Czechvar" just isn't as fresh.

Latest posts

Back