Really Good Shrimp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
Serves 2

About 20 medium shrimp
Lemon juice
Olive oil
2 cloves of fresh crushed garlic
3-4 tbsp of fresh cilantro
Fresh ginger, about 1/4" thick, crushed through a garlic press.

Crush the garlic and ginger right over the shrimp so you get all the juices. Let it marinade in the fridge for about an hour, then skewer them up and grill them. Awesomely delish.

That sounds great. I'm going to have to try that this week sometime- sounds easy and I know my family will love it. (Well not my daughter the semi-vegetarian who won't eat things that used to swim, but the rest of us!)

Ok, now let me see if I've got this straight. "Yooper Chick, Jr." lives with you in fishing paradise and won't eat anything that used to swim? Man, is she ever missing out.

That shrimp recipe looks excellent. I'm gonna have to try it out soon.

Wait a minute... Don't tell me you guys are catching shrimp in Minnesota!! After all the time I spent as a youngster chasing shrimp around the Pamlico Sound and down the coast to Georgia, don't tell me that I only needed to go to the Land of a Thousand Lakes to catch them! Damn!!

The recipe does sound jammin' Though!

I don't mean to be a thread jacker but...here's another good shrimp recipe.

Make an alum. foil boat, 2 layers thick. Add your shrimp, salt and pepper,
slice up some chunks of salted butter, add some fresh minced garlic (lots!)
and top with some fresh grated pecorrino rommano cheese.
Throw it on the grill (seal up the foil)
Get a loaf of your favorite italian or french bread and you'll be using that
to dunk in the goodness that's sittin in the foil boat.:ban:

Back