Thursday's Intro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thursday

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well, after a few days of reading, I suppose that I should post an intro.

I am a 25 year old who currently works as a paramedic and is also trying to get into nursing school. I live in the burbs of Chicago, but soon enough I'll be moving to Chicago because I am going to get hired by Chicago Fire Department as a medic. As for nursing school: I am turning to the dark side, but it's for the money only, I swear I don't want to give up thinking for myself (kind of a side joke for any medics in the crowd.)

Anyways, I have ordered my starter set from Midwest and I eagerly await my kit. I can not wait until I start brewing my own beer. I have to say that the resources available here are amazing. I'm sure that with all of the reading that I have done, it will keep me from making some common mistakes; although I know that I will go through some growing pains. But what better way to learn than doing it. We have a saying in prehospital medicine: "You don't learn until you kill someone" Well, fortunately, I haven't killed anyone ( that can be proven in court ), but I am ready and willing to learn. I'm sure I will kill a few batches of brew, but what the hell.

That's all I have for an intro. I'm planning on brewing my first batch on Thursday or Saturday ( I work Friday), so I'm planning on taking pictures and getting critiqued after I post it. I really wish that I started this hobby sooner, but I'll try and make up for lost time in the process.

It's a pleasure to meet you all and read all of your posts. I look forward to learning from this board and figuring out what I can and will be able to do. I've been bitten, and I hope that it never goes away.

-Thursday

ps: I've been drinking all night on Bell's Amber and New Belgium Mighty Arrow, so please forgive me for any grammatical errors that I have made.

Welcome! We don't have a ton of ladies on the forums. Good to see more signing up!
I'm not sure if I should feel embarrassed or you should, or both, but I'm not a chick. Think more along the lines of Greg Focker: male nurse.

edit: I just looked at my userCP. Apparently my gender was listed as female, not sure why because I didn't select either when I signed up. I guess it should be me that is embarrassed.

Back